Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Which TS company would best suit my needs? (by James D.):

kellyg133 wrote:
My family and I vacation every year in Siesta Key, FL for one week at a beachfront 2 bdrm condo. Rental is $1,500 per week and I am hopeful that by investing in a TS that I can come out ahead in just a few years. We have a 7 year old son.

I am wanting to take two, one week vacations per year (2 bdrm req'd). Once in early June to the gulf coast of FL. It does not have to be Siesta Key and looking at the TS maps there are limited choices there. I am looking for a laid back, family oriented vacation spot with white sand and shallow waters. Probably up in the panhandle.

The other vacation week (late August) I would like to be able to vary where I go. I would like to be able to go to Hawaii, New York City, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Colorado, Caribbean, eastern and western Mexican coasts, WDW / DL, the Charleston, Savanna and 4-7 night cruises. Maybe last minute weekends in the Smokies if the price is right.

I've would like to stay within one company but don't know if that is going to be possible. DVC and it's relationship with II probably best suits the bill but is is also one of the higher cost TS's. Suggestions are very much welcome.

Thanks, Autoeng

My wife and I got a TS program about six months ago at Canada House called Vacation Village Voyages. We have been extremely happy with the program. We got three weeks annually for about $9k best part there is no maintenace fees. We have been able to book weeks where we wanted to go, so now we are in the process of trying to sell our other units to get rid of all these outrageous main. fees we have incured. I dont know how flexible you are at booking last minute but we have no children and like to be spontaneous and went to Playa Linda in Aruba last month for $300. Just two more trips like that and we will break even. Hope this helps in your quest and good luck. Jim