OBBR OWNERS ONLY

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: OBBR OWNERS ONLY (by Edward S.):

I am also concerned about availability since Oyster Bay is pushing fixed weeks only and anything new is condos. I own a floating week and come back to Oyster Bay every 3-4 years, using Interval International for exchanges the other years. The last couple years exchanging has not worked very well. On top of that, I have been contacted about converting to the point system. I am not familiar with the point system, and am trying to figure out if I should do that. What are benefits vs, cost which the company (contracted by Oyster Bay, name unsure, Outward Etc.???) is quoting at $3,000. Any thoughts by owners or people in the point system with Oyster Bay?

Thanks, Ed

janier21 wrote:
I've been an owner since 2000 and have seen owners gradually been pushed out, especially in winter months. With selling of fixed weeks and conversion of units to condo residences, it is getting increasing difficult to book in winter season. This year we were given a very bad location in center units with lots of noise. We finally after talking with a manager got a quieter unit but still in middle. For those of us who paid top price for floating weeks, I think we are being pushed to buy fixed week or given lowest priority. Renters have even higher priority.

I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done legally to get better treatment as owners.

Feb. 2014. jrs