Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Yep...the El Cid deal was a bit of a scam. (by Tl S.):

This letter describes our encounter with EL CID LA CEIBA PROPERTY IN COZUMEL on March 2008. We sat down with DAVID LEIGH BRYANT. Initially, he explained to us the benefits of buying a one bedroom unit time share plan, he then showed us on their website that we would receive 175,000 points reward for every $1,000.00 cash paid for cruises booked at 50 to 60% discount off the regular price. We decided to sign mainly on that factor with another representative, DEBRA EKLUND. She also CONFIRMED THE MONEY WE WOULD SAVE ON VACATIONS AND THE ACCUMULATIVE POINTS WE WOULD RECEIVE. We were bitterly disappointed in late March when we tried to book four of our associates on a Carnival Cruise through El Cid. The price was virtually the same as Carnival web sites listed price. Even worse, we were totally MISREPRESENTED ON THE POINTS. Instead of receiving 525,000 points for a $4,000.00 cruise, we were told to receive only 35,000 points. As soon as we discovered we had been mislead we e-mailed Debra Eklund on April to please cancel our membership and reverse the charge on our Bank of America credit card. After no response, I called El Cid in Cozumel and was told that I had to speak to Arturo Soto who handles cancellations. I called Arturo every day for at least two weeks and he would not take my call nor return it. Numerous e-mails back and forth with Mr. Soto have occurred since refusing to reverse the charges and cancel our membership. It has been a constant strain on our marital relationship dueling over catching these charges and re-charges. We have spent hours and hours writing letters, making phone calls and faxes blaming each other over this whole sad episode then recently, having our excellent credit score lowered over something WE WERE MISLED AND MANIPULATED BY. Do not go or attend any presentation with the El Cid Vacations Club, their only purpose is to steal your money, using MISLEADING INFORMATION AND NO ETHICAL SALES PRACTICES.

TLS.