Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Why are people under selling everyone? (by Karen D.):

I understand what everyone is saying here but when we purchased our two units, it was our intention to use it for vacation every year, not for a business. We also bought a Marriott in Hawaii. This industry has dried up. It is no longer feasible to own since maintenance fees continue to rise and most people can't even afford airfare. It's just the situation with the economy and eventually hopefully that will change. In the meantime, we have sold the Hawaii (for) a loss and will rent over there at a decent price thanks to other owners who cannot use theirs. My concern is that if everyone starts pushing for price fixing or stricter rules on rentals and those changes are made, we won't be able to legitimately rent (and at least recover some of our fees) if our plans change last minute. Let's not start a monopoly like the airlines. We all may not like it but competition is what keeps all of our goods in check. I have seen my Hawaii unit for 7,000.00 a week or 999.00 a week. Some people are just in it for the money. I'm not in this for profit but am not opposed to a fair rate and haven't had to rent ours yet but hope that I may be able to rent it if our family can't use it at a future date. I would hate to see that being taken away or be told I can't let a friend or relative use it if I want. If you find yourself in a mess like we did with Hawaii, you may want to cut your losses too. It's a personal decision. We can always drive to Florida; at least unless gas goes sky high. We all bought into the "dream". It may be a nightmare now but we have a choice; wake up or see how it ends.