Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Why are people under selling everyone?

Mar 15, 2009

Noticing the last few ads which are way below the price of what a cheap hotel room costs, let alone getting a 2 and 3 bedroom condo. I realize it is a tough market right now and I also have not rented much, but what purpose does under selling your unit make? At the new rental fee rates posted, none of us are going to break even let alone make even a small profit. These fees figure out to be less than a dollar per square foot of usable living space in the units at Bonnet. As an owner I am concerned that these prices do adversely affect how people view the quality of the units. I wonder if it doesn't cheapen the units that are for rent? Most of us know that cheaper rarely means quality and isn't it quality for a reasonable price that sells?

Deborah W.

Last edited by deborahw67 on Mar 15, 2009 10:26 AM

Jul 08, 2009

I agree, I had a friend that went to six flags of St.Louis did not have a hotel booked, she paid 198.00 for a regular room with barely enough room to walk between beds, and we have a hard time getting 100.00 night for so much more. I have found I save money with cooking also, so this makes our timeshare more valuable. Try going to a web page for Wesconsin Dells 2 bedroom, they are listed by companies for over 300.00 night some as high as 600.00 night. Im sure they rent them too. Since I have used my timeshare I would have gladly paid 150.00 and up per night for a two bedroom unit. I wish I would have just rented from owners rather than buy myself. We have gotten in over our heads thanks to a smooth talker saying he was buying back our Florida property and putting us in Las Vegas with a much lower yearly maintence fee. He took our Tennessee property not the Florida and put 20,000 on credit cards, he said we had so much equity Wyndham was financing this at 2.99 percent, like a home equity type loan, later when we arrived home we got the regular credit cards which will go up to 14.99 percent. Im just beside myself and trying to rent some of my points just to keep them from beating us. If everyone is renting too low I may as well take my loss and let my property go back to the resort and rent myself from others I will come out ahead in the long run.. Wish I could find others like me and get a lawyer to take this to court to fight the scamming they end up doing to people. I know several that just stopped making payments and lost the money paid in to their timeshare. These companies are making so much money from this type of sale.

Anita F.
Sep 07, 2009

owners may not be your only competition, employees can rent empty rooms to "friends" and family for 2.75 per thousand. thats less than $50 bucks a night for a one bedroom inthe low season at the creek........

Cesar P.
Sep 07, 2009

wrie a letter to corporate regarding you specific issue they can return your contract back to its original status... I know i worked there for years but you ve to go to the top of the coporate food chain i.e. franz hanning.....

Cesar P.
Sep 07, 2009

if this smooth talking rep gets more than three or four letters from the top (corporate) he will not only loose the commision from the sale but also his job... no love loss some of these guys are making 200k a year lying to people..... take it from an ex employee, and my best year i made 76k being a honest rep.

Cesar P.
Sep 10, 2009

Can you be a little more specific with how to exactly address a letter to corporate, that is, who to mail it to? Thank you for your insights.

RWynd08
Sep 10, 2009

I recently got a break and found a two night opening in a 2 bedroom Presidential at Wyndham Glacier canyon in the Dells. I took 4 teen agers along as a birthday gift to one of my children. We had a great time and the facility there is really something to enjoy if you ever get a chance...come to Wisconsin.

RWynd08

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 10, 2009 01:25 PM

Dec 22, 2011

It's not only the quality of some units that may have rental prices falling...it's several issues with managing this resort. Read reviews from guests staying there. Many have the same complaints and management is not addressing them because guests continue to complain about the same things. Bonnet Creek has a lot going for it but is being undermined by its own approach toward guests. Read the reviews and then contact management. Maybe they'll finally address these issues if enough owners complain.

Jonathan J.
Dec 22, 2011

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the cloud over the timeshare industry starts at the top. You see... back when timesare's first began, they sold set weeks... so you would buy a week 27 for example and you owned that week! You had a particular unit and a particular week that was yours! Under this system, there was finite amount of units that could be sold... once the units were sold out, that was it. Then the resorts came up with an ingenious idea to sell "floating" weeks. It all sounded so good the potential buyer... now you could use your week ANY time of year! What a laugh! The problem is, the resort now sells way more deeds than they actually have units. And this is the real kicker.... the resort doesn't care if you can book a week or not... they get their maintenance fees regardless! Why would they want to give you a room when they could rent it out to the public and make more money???

Christopher E.
Jun 24, 2012

To get back to the topic that started this thread, the reasons that people are underselling each other is that they want their unit to be rented out. If you are unable to use your timeshare, for whatever reason in a certain year, would you rather let it expire for nothing (assuming you cannot bank it, etc.) or would you rather get a few dollars of your maintenance fees back... We are competing against each other to rent out these units. Put yourself in the shoes of the potential renter. When looking at a glut of postings for the same resort and unit size, you are going to pick the least expensive one. So, the easiest way to rent out your timeshare is to ensure that you have the lowest price in comparison to your competition.

Greg P.
Jun 27, 2012

I agree we need to have some sort of standard in our pricing. It is sad that a fabulous resort/condo that we paid tens of thousands to own, now will barely rent for the cost of the annual maintenance fees. Maybe we need to unite as owners, and come up with our own web-page, and get some power, so we can be recognized. This industry is full or fallacious information, and poor, innocent buyers are soaking it up. Debbie in OKLAHOMA

Debbie A.
Aug 10, 2012

Any suggestions as to how to get the top brass to listen. We paid out of pocket for gold membership and now they have changed the amount of points for such membership. Between the constant rising maintenance fees and this new wrinkle of changing the amount of points we are really disgusted. I doubt that we could get one half of what we have invested. Each time we go to an "owners update meeting" we are informed of changes that do not help the owners but do help Wyndham. When anyone asks about timeshares I tell them to steer clear it is a rip off and impossible to get out of without losing your shirt or your good credit rating.

Bonnie O.
Sep 05, 2012

unfortunately .01 on the dollar you are lucky to get if selling one of these in the resale market. It is not an investment and I would never pay retail from the resort. Learned pretty much like everyone else the hard way.

Jeff L.
Jan 23, 2013

You need to write a letter to Franz Hanning the CEO of wyndham and let him know of the misrepresentation, that should be enought to get you your money back. The low prices are due to the massive amounts of supply of condo timeshare units in orlando. But I had the same problem with NYC $800 high $300 for a july week LOW :-0 wtf.

Cesar P.
Mar 02, 2013

*Bonnie030 *If you were a GOLD owner (500.000) points before Nov 1st 2012, you are grandfathered into GOLD... even though the New level is 700.000 :)

Pamela P.

Last edited by pam579 on Mar 02, 2013 08:21 PM

Sep 28, 2013

I understand what everyone is saying here but when we purchased our two units, it was our intention to use it for vacation every year, not for a business. We also bought a Marriott in Hawaii. This industry has dried up. It is no longer feasible to own since maintenance fees continue to rise and most people can't even afford airfare. It's just the situation with the economy and eventually hopefully that will change. In the meantime, we have sold the Hawaii (for) a loss and will rent over there at a decent price thanks to other owners who cannot use theirs. My concern is that if everyone starts pushing for price fixing or stricter rules on rentals and those changes are made, we won't be able to legitimately rent (and at least recover some of our fees) if our plans change last minute. Let's not start a monopoly like the airlines. We all may not like it but competition is what keeps all of our goods in check. I have seen my Hawaii unit for 7,000.00 a week or 999.00 a week. Some people are just in it for the money. I'm not in this for profit but am not opposed to a fair rate and haven't had to rent ours yet but hope that I may be able to rent it if our family can't use it at a future date. I would hate to see that being taken away or be told I can't let a friend or relative use it if I want. If you find yourself in a mess like we did with Hawaii, you may want to cut your losses too. It's a personal decision. We can always drive to Florida; at least unless gas goes sky high. We all bought into the "dream". It may be a nightmare now but we have a choice; wake up or see how it ends.

Karen D.

Last edited by karend96 on Sep 28, 2013 10:29 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.