Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Carvan A.):

It seems to me from what I have read on the Marriott web site (marriottvacationclub.com/index.shtml) that the MVC point system will be verry similar to the Hyatt Vacation Club point system. That is, you can always use your deeded week or trade it for MVC points that are determined by the deeded week's location and season. This will give MVC owners the flexibility that HVC owners now have. I see it as a good change except for the fee Marriott charges to convert to the point system.

Thomas posted: "Yes, you can always reserve and occupy at your home resort. However, if you want to trade back into it in the future, the value of the points they give you for giving up the week will typically not be enough to trade back in" That possibility is not dramatically different from banking one's week with II and then trying to trade back into the home resort. Not always possible. For example, I own a Marriott deeded week at a beach front Marriott in a high demand season at Hilton Head and if I bank it with II there is little chance of later trading back into my deeded week. The key to success is good planning. Reserve your deeded week and go there or give it up for points and go somewhere else in the MVC.