Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point System (by Deb D.):

HEllo, you make excellent points regarding this new "opportunity" Marriott has devised. We were very happy with our timeshare purchases and our ability to trade over the years, this has now been snatched away by this new program. We feel our deeded property has been DEVALUED by Marriott. Our chances for trading are diminished as they are taking out all unsold and new property out of the available inventory per a Marriott manager I spoke with. I believe you are right, they will take the premium weeks for this new system. We should not have to pay to get into this system either, we should have been grandfathered in! When I spoke with a Marriott rep she said that the fee was justified because it takes money to create a new program! It shouldn't be on our dime! That being said, I want no part of this points program but almost feel like we will have to join so we can trade...with their points, we can get a 1 bedroom for 1week in Maui for our 2 units (2bedroom and 3 bedroom) in Grande Vista! So, it's 5 bedrooms for one with a few points left over-it would take 4475 points-we would only have 6500 points! What's to say the points won't be worth less in a few years- just like the Marriott rewards points system-250,000points doesn't get you what it did 8 years ago. Also, with this new system, you lose control of your trading ability in that a Marriott Rep handles it all. They know all the inventory and make all the trades-we will not truly know what is available and the convenience of working through II ourselves is lost. They also have taken the "dream factor" away! I love being able to see what is available all over the world and making my own choices at any time of the day or night! Also, will our fees go up? If individuals have the ability to take small mini vacations, they will need more housekeeping staff to cleanup the rooms more frequently and the inventory could fluctuate so much that resources would be wasted. That costs money! We are so disappointed that Marriott has done this....put us over a barrel as you stated! They say we can keep what we have and that nothing will change but it has and I think we will all be "forced" into this program in the end...kinda like another program we all know about! And, if we don't join by 12/31/2010, what will be the fee to join after that....the Marriott manager did not even know that! Oh yes, I took a survey from Marriott about 1 1/2 years ago about this and I gave them this same feedback....obviously my thoughts didn't resonate with them....hey Marriott do you hear us now? Obviously not as the manager stated that she would forward my remarks but doubted anything would change as they have put so many resources toward this new program! Thanks for listening and letting me vent! I'm sorry if this message doesn't flow-but I am angry!