Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by David N.):

Great forum and a lot of good work here. Let's keep it going and continue detailing the facts. Agree with ermanc to wait Oct/Nov and write a common protest.

I own 3 deeded weeks (3br Grande Vista and 2br Mountainside) and join the Destination Program for the same reasons than thomasn15. Although I do not expect to use them regularly, they could be complementing a 7 days stay.

HOWEVER, I am really having trouble to find anything available with the points. The other day, I made a request to the agent and, before something was booked, she used one of my week to turn it to points. I had to go to the supervisor to have my week back!

The main issue with the Destination Points system is that you cannot do a "Request First", like in II. To be on a "waiting list" when something is not immediatly available, you have to deposit your week for points first, have them in your account and then be put on the waiting list. FRANKLY, no one having outstanding deeded weeks (platimum, 3br, rare resorts, etc.) is going to turn them into points BEFORE you can secure your stay.

Not sure if this is going to work for Marriott, but this is not a great start at all. I really expect the "resale" market to pick up when the "dust has settled". Hopefully, Marriott will not have destroyed its business in the meantime (as well as the value of our investments).