Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by L M.):

We should strongly support the suggestion to make a list of improvements we wish to see in the Destination Program. Let's number them so we can better keep track. If you wish to add one just use the next number.

1. REQUEST FIRST. Allow for a "Request First" basis so you can keep your week if it you don't get the point time being requested. (If it works for II it should work for Marriott.)

2. POINTS GOOD FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS. Allow points to be good for at least two years without having to go through their banking process by June 30th. If you are waiting for something the last 6 months of the year, you loose the points if you don't get it. This is silly. (If II can do it for three years, seems Marriott should be able to do it for two.)

3. A WEEK/SEASON EQUALITY - NO MORE SKIMMING For example a platinum week at a premier resort is equal to a platinum week at an equal resort. So, if you own a platinum week at a beach resort and want to go to a platinum week at a ski resort you have equal points; or even enough points to get the same week at the same resort on a different platinum week!

4. A CALENDAR PRIORITY SYSTEM - WITHOUT BLACKOUT DATES Sheraton uses a 12-8 month window and I think that works pretty well. For example if I want to go to my resort in August 2011, I would have priority to reserve there from August 2010 to January 2011. After that it is open to other owners to reserve if they have the correct number of points.

Remember WE ARE THE OWNERS of these properties. Marriott SOLD THEM TO US. We should be able to use them.

5. THE ABILITY TO BARROW FROM FUTURE POINTS YOU OWN IN ANY INCREMENT. For this example I am going to use arbitrary numbers that I know are not real values but are easy for math purposes.

So, if I want to go to a resort, there is availability, I need 1,500 points but only have 1,100 points. I could barrow from myself from my future week the 400 points I would need. This would leave a balance in my future account that I could use for a different stay that required less points.