Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Dennis N.):

As long as there are people like Rick1227 and Ermanc I think Marriott is going to do quite nicely. I just hope, however, that they are in the minority when it comes to this program. While it may work right into their plans and, while I still think the concept is great, I still believe the program was "greedily" and hastily put together. I we, personally, "lose" a day here and there because of travel, work or other influences, that is OUR problem and OUR decision. If Marriott loses a day here and there because of this program, IT IS THEIR PROBLEM. It seems, according to these two generous Marriott owners, the difficulty lies in folks who want to book partial weeks or weekends only . That being the case then Marriott should have put the extra fees on those people booking time that way and NOT skimming owners who might exchange points in the normal, full week increments. A WEEK at a certain resort and color period with Marriott should be worth the same as any comaparable resort in the same color season. We've already paid the price of admission for that program. A modest enrollment fee and the annual participation fee should be sufficient enough for a FULL WEEK exchange. The "value added" aspect (or days lost) comes in partial week reservations and I would have no problem being charged extra for a per-day basis IF that was for MY convenience. Higher daily rates vrs a whole week at a time??? Wow, how simple.... let those that actually cause the waste PAY for it. Now there's a concept I could live with.