Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Bob M.):

thomasn15 While all this theoretical discussion about how the new program should or should not work is certainly beneficial, ultimately the advantages and disadvantages to owners will be based on the actual usability of the program. /Q]

While this is true (theoretical discussion vs. actual usability), the only truly valid comparison is a 5-10-20 year comparison, trades (or even home resort occupancy dates that can be gotten) pre-June 20, 2010 and thereafter. My experience for the past 20 years was fantastic, unbelievable, incredible, wonderful. But, I can't wait 20 years to see if I got hosed. I already know I got hosed, even if it is only theoretical. Therefore I sold my 4 weeks and I am out of the timeshare business.

It appears, based on your experience thus far, that you, too, have figured out you have been hosed. Some of your bad experience can best be described as 'annoying inconvenience' but many of your experiences describe a fundamental (and undesirable) shift in vacation ownership experience.

My best to all of you who decided to try this out for awhile, Redweek rentals with known dates that are available look mighty good from here.