Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Ric K.):

I concur with J227. The 40 cents per point are for newly purchased points from the new program. It does not have anything to do with our existing deeded weeks. I thought this was real high when I first looked at it, but then, it is based on points, not weeks. In other words I compared it to the "value" of my platinum week which is 4200 points and concluded that the maint fee would be $1680, much higher than the approx $1050 I pay today, but then on the other hand, my bronze week which is worth 1100 points, would be a $440 maintenance fee, much less than the $1050 approx I pay now. So as far as maint fees go, if you buy into the new system with enough points to balance your seasonal availability like we did way back, then the maintenance fees on the points are about the same... you can argue both sides of whether this works or not or is fair or not, but I dont think it could be done any other way.

Also, the new interval account cards have your deeded weeks printed right on them. At least mine did as a full original owner purchased from Marriott.... Any deposited exchange prior to the program did NOT convert and are still in my old account number with my non Marriott week that I own...