Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by B S.):

davidn247 What's your point?

I for one never said that Marriott did anything illegal. Also, everything that the sales reps told us about making excellent exchanges has been more than true. I don't feel like the sales reps lied to us at all. However, most of their selling points are no longer selling points in the new program.

It's simple. The MVC program that we bought into 5 years ago and have really really enjoyed is now over. Most of the reasons we purchased are now gone or changed. We simply feel betrayed by Marriott.

Marriott is fully allowed to do this and it has been their choice to do so. When a company I do business with does something that I don't like, I usually won't do business with them anymore. Unfortunately with Marriott it's not that easy because I still own an EOY week at Canyon Villas that I paid $9,000 for.

I simply wish we would not have bought into their program 5 years ago. There is not much I can do about it now. I'm forced to NOT join their new program and stay with II (because an EOY option in the new program makes no sense). Hopefully we can still trade our Marriott week for other nice non-Marriott weeks. When the time is right I'm going to sell our MVC week and wash my hands with this mess. In the meantime, I'm drawing Hitler mustaches on all the Bill Marriott paintings that I see (just kidding Bill).