Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Beck):

I called 800-307-7314 and have been playing phone tag with Sylvia Sycar (sic) at 407-903-6131 / 800-332-1333 x6131. I'll update this when I actually have a chance to speak with her. I own 3 resale weeks (Marriott Manor in Williamsburg (Silver), Dessert Springs II and Shadow Ridge in Palm Springs (both Gold)) and while I'm pretty certain I get more value out of weeks exchange by splitting the two LO to make five deposits (in 2010 I secured two April Aruba reservations in 2BR, two Marriott Waiohai 2BR in ealry Dec, and two 2BR Maui Lahaina Tower in August and September - the 6th reservation is from a prior year deposit) I guess for $595 it's worth my time to ask for details. But I'm betting my units are worth only enough points to make two to three reservations compared to the "five" I did in 2010 AND I wouldn't have been able to take advantage of the II promo last year where when I made an exchange I got a "free" exchange (pay only the exchange fee) where I got two Royal Islander 2BR units in Cancun just after thanksgiving, one 2BR Marriott Timber Lodge in early November (yes, the lowest of low season), a Marriott grand Chateau in Vegas Feb 2011, and a Cabo unit which I didn't end up using in December.