Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by David N.):

Ermanc: as I already mentionned, they will have to do something at a certain point in time to attract more deeds into the program. I do not know what, but I suspect this will come after the June 2011 deadline.

I think that they are currently trying to enroll EVERYONE that bought before the program started at an acceptable enrollment fee to have certain critical mass. After that (and depending on the success), they will maybe maintain a low entry fee for the one that bought through Marriott, but surely increase it sharply for the resale ones...

Frankly, I will still buy resale at this point. Marriott price ($10 per point and 40 cents per point maintenance fee) is simply too high. This means that to buy one week decent vacation resort you need min. $35-40'000 upfront (3'500-4'000 DC points) and then $1'500-1'600 per year (maintenance fees 40 cents per point).

For that price, you better stay at an hotel, rent on redweek or buy a resale deeded week for $7'000-8'000 (maint. fees $1'200-1'300 max) for exchange/rent on II/redweek (when you do not use it.

Incredible salesmen these Marriott guys: $10 dollar per point!