Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Charles S.):

susanw461 wrote:
To clarify, I understand that our deeded weeks do not change to destination points unless we choose, on an annual basis, to convert. And I understand that our maintenance fees are based on the deeded week, which is now $5200 plus for three weeks ( or six weeks for the lock off option). We also have invested $115,000+ to purchase the three weeks. My point is that $115,000 (paid for) and $5200 annually would get me the rental at a lower investment. Would we travel to Hawaii every year if we hadn't invested so much? Probably not. Do we enjoy it? Yes. However, converting to points if you have a sought afterr property is a worse deal. And converting permanently does cost more in maintenance fees.

If you have a sought after property, you can also get more than one week for your week. So I think it's difficult to say that it's not always a good deal to turn to points. I find it better than getting an Accommodation Certificate from Interval International because you don't have to pay any extra out of pocket.