Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Ina K.):

While I have enrolled my legacy unit in Destination Points, I am among those that feel taken as Marriott has seriously diminished the value of my original investment. I bought a 2 br platinum unit in Shadow Ridge ( Palm Springs) golf resort 10 years ago simply for the trade value of the lockoff. It was never a place we intended to vacation at, as we own non-Marriott timeshare we vacation in. I happily traded our locked off units for great exchanges every year thru Interval until now. The destination points of my unit is poorly valued, and I am no longer to get the exchanges I got in the past. I do feel suckered. Had I known this, I definitely would have bought a unit in a place we would vacation in each year,rather than a unit for exchange. While Shadow Ridge is a beautiful golf property, my husband and I live in a similar desert climate near by, and are no longer able to golf.

I know this may be looking for a needle in a haystack, but I am wondering if there is a platinum deeded owner of Newport Coast who feels similarly, and would be interested in swapping deeds. The maintenance fees are comparable, and we visit Newport Coast frequently.