Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Dennis N.):

If you are a weeks owner your only sure option is to book and stay at your ownership resort. Another option is to book your week, bank it with II (you will have to secure a membership with them) and then trade it for a week at the desired time and resort you wish to travel to. This option is dependent on another Marriott owner at that resort giving up their week to II so you can trade/exchange for it. With the Points system (Destinations Program) in place there would, more than likely, be fewer weeks banked with II than there have been in the past. My advice to you would be to buy points and look for them on the resale market. Redweek.com is a good place. Even if you bought a week (resale), the Destinations Program would not be an option as Marriott does not allow "resale" weeks to be entered into that program. Hopefully this helps you in making the correct decision for you and what you are looking to do now and in the future. Good luck. Oh, and by the way, I own both Marriott and Wyndham and I prefer my Wyndham over Marriott in most all cases. Wyndham has many resorts in Hawaii, is a better bargain both in resale purchase price and maintenance fees and is totally a points system allowing you to book and travel to any of their resorts without any extra fees. Message me if you wish more information on either company's program. Again, hope this is helpful.

jenniferr921 wrote:
I live in Hawaii and am undecided of purchasing a resale in weeks versus points.

I would be utilizing it more in Hawaii-Oahu koolina but would occasionally travel in the future.

Question is if I purchase the weeks in koolina and want to stay at another resort are there any fees or can i even stay at another resort?

Thanks Jennifer