Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

upfront fee company transfer contract cancellation? (by R P.):

rockyg5 wrote:
The saleslady from the company offered to provide a refund from her personal money (not from the company) to which thankfully, it was refused as unprofessional and that such a refund should be coming from the company and not an employee's personal funds. After accusation that they were not an honest business, they agreed to cancel the transaction, but keep the initial $250 that was already paid. I argued that it would be better to keep the rest of the fees and either try to sell this or donate it than pay $3k+ to get rid of it. Unfortunately as parents get older, they get preyed on by vultures like these, just like magazine/website sales for computer illiterate elders, etc. It's a dog-eat-dog society. Now I'm stuck with doing the selling and transfer and I haven't yet verified or know how to verify who still owns this. I guess that's more research I'll have to do and another project that eats away at my soul. I wish they weren't so difficult to transfer. It's ridiculous.

I would have taken the offer from the 'supposed' employee since she probably owns the company in the first place and it wouldn't have actually been taken out of a personal bank account ..... why in the world would an employee make an offer such as that? It just doesn't make sense.

It's not just old people that get scammed these days. I've been scammed by two different internet marketing companies for merely signing onto their website to see what their offers were .... they automatically charged a fee on my credit card, however I know enough about reporting scams to the proper agencies and I told them so after sending both companies tons of emails. Needless to say, they couldn't refund my credit card fast enough.

Never do business with a company you're not familiar with and never buy into those scam ads like it's a CBS/NBC/ABC news affiliate or any other news source just raving on and on over a new product or service. This is the latest scam making the rounds .... it all looks so legitimate but it's a hoax.