Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Possible Scam - Direct Sales and/or Direct Sales Financial (by Nancy B.):

My timeshare is a Marriott and I even called them to see if their resale department had ever heard of this company. They already had notes on file regarding them that were not positive. They said whenever there is an upfront fee it can't be a good thing. The agreement they faxed to me for the sale had the buyer's name as ONLY 'corporate' and only a place at the end for the seller to sign. The last item before the signature line for the seller was "#17-BINDING EFFECT-This Contract is binding upon all parties who sign it and all who succeed to their rights and responsibilities. It replaces and cancels any prior written or verbal understandings and agreements. This contract can only be changed by an agreement in writing signed by both Buyer and Seller." The agreement looks more like an agreement to sell (listing agreement) and the fee for ours was $1600. I actually talked to another person that the rep transfered me to and said I had a problem paying the upfront fee and he said no fee/no deal. I said it wasn't going to happen. Haven't heard from them since. Yeh!! When I looked up on BBB they had a "D" rating and they couldn't post any complaints because they were getting the mail returned.