Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Possible Scam - Direct Sales and/or Direct Sales Financial

May 13, 2010

I received a call last evening from a rep from this company inquiring if we were interested in selling our timeshare. I received a follow up call today and spoke with Kolin Andrews who explained that Direct Sales - www.directtimesharesales.net - represented buyers mostly from Europe and an offer had been made on our timeshare (since last night--hmm).

I am sure this is a scam and am wondering if anyone else has been contacted by these people?

Dinah B.
May 15, 2010

There is NO offer .... all they want is your upfront fee then they'll tell you the buyer backed out or couldn't get financing, among other lies, but they keep your upfront fee.

R P.
Jul 06, 2010

dinahb2 wrote:
I received a call last evening from a rep from this company inquiring if we were interested in selling our timeshare. I received a follow up call today and spoke with Kolin Andrews who explained that Direct Sales - www.directtimesharesales.net - represented buyers mostly from Europe and an offer had been made on our timeshare (since last night--hmm).

I am sure this is a scam and am wondering if anyone else has been contacted by these people?

I was called today by "Direct Sales Financial" . The representative said they had a buyer for our Marriott timeshare. They saw it listed in the Condo Trader for $11,999 and were making an offer of $11,400.

I have lowered the price on that original ad of $11,999- 3 different times so very sceptical about when they saw the ad. Originally listed in 2005. Last price change was 11/8/05. Also said we could offer to sell them any banked weeks we had on the books.

Nancy B.
Jul 15, 2010

Same with me. They told me about a pending sale and wouldn't you know it, one hour later they sold my timeshare. No comment about the $2,000 fee that they wanted to charge. It was just the last line on the contract that they wanted me to hurry up, sign and send in.

BIG SCAM. They are so new, they are not in the BBB but they say they have been in business 10 years. Also, one of the names on thier testimonials is kind of unique so I checked the white pages and the person does not exist. Darn. I wanted to sell this thing bad but I hate being scammed.

Robert M.
Jul 16, 2010

My timeshare is a Marriott and I even called them to see if their resale department had ever heard of this company. They already had notes on file regarding them that were not positive. They said whenever there is an upfront fee it can't be a good thing. The agreement they faxed to me for the sale had the buyer's name as ONLY 'corporate' and only a place at the end for the seller to sign. The last item before the signature line for the seller was "#17-BINDING EFFECT-This Contract is binding upon all parties who sign it and all who succeed to their rights and responsibilities. It replaces and cancels any prior written or verbal understandings and agreements. This contract can only be changed by an agreement in writing signed by both Buyer and Seller." The agreement looks more like an agreement to sell (listing agreement) and the fee for ours was $1600. I actually talked to another person that the rep transfered me to and said I had a problem paying the upfront fee and he said no fee/no deal. I said it wasn't going to happen. Haven't heard from them since. Yeh!! When I looked up on BBB they had a "D" rating and they couldn't post any complaints because they were getting the mail returned.

Nancy B.
Jul 16, 2010

Scam, scam, scam .... You can just as easily sell it yourself on internet timeshare ad sites such as Redwek, however be aware that timeshares are selling for pennies on the dollar now, even Marriott timeshares and Marriott is no longer enforcing ROFR .... it depends on the supply and demand of your Marriott resort and the week you own as to what it's worth in the marketplace.

R P.
Jul 16, 2010

A good reference for what timeshares are selling for is on Ebay's Timeshare completed auctions.

R P.
Jul 16, 2010

Watch out for this company! Jessica Cohen gave my in-laws a call to say she had a buyer for their timeshare. According to Jessica,they were qualified buyers with a 30% downpayment. To top it all off they were willing to close as soon as possible. After doing a bit of research, I found that she had been lying all the while. Jessica is very good in they way she can combat objections, but in the end she was caught in too many lies. If your timeshare is listed as an open contract you are prey to these Jackals.

Be careful....

Gotcha S.
Jul 19, 2010

I just got a call on Sat from Direct Sales. They just emailed me the contract, but I had questions so I called them. When I called, the number doesn't go through. They sound legit. When I called condo trader who is adversiting for me, they said they have only heard bad things about Direct Sales/Direct Timeshare Sales.net. One person tried to sell with them and never closed or got their money back. Thanks for the info. I think I'll stay clear of them.

Meg W.
Jul 20, 2010

megw11 I just got a call on Sat from Direct Sales. They just emailed me the contract, but I had questions so I called them. When I called, the number doesn't go through.

Quote:
Can you imagine why your call doesn't go through? They have so many call-in complaints from disgruntled clients that have been scammed that the calls either don't go through or they are put on voicemail and calls are never returned.

Quote:
When I called condo trader who is adversiting for me, they said they have only heard bad things about Direct Sales/Direct Timeshare Sales.net. One person tried to sell with them and never closed or got their money back. Thanks for the info. I think I'll stay clear of them.

Now, pray tell, why would you call one scam company to get information on another scam company ???? You've evidently never had any luck with Condo Trader or you wouldn't be interested in another company .... think about it .... ALL UPFRONT FEE COMPANIES ARE SCAMS, PERIOD.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.