Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE (by Don P.):

Anytime you default on payments it can be reported to the credit agencies. If the HOA decides to report the non payment they can but that is their decission. I contacted two HOA's two years ago and explained to them that I would be willing to transfer the titles back to them by a deedback. They both agreed and all I had to do was have all my payments up to date and pay the next years taxes and a nominal fee to transfer the titles. It saves the HOA the time and expense of forclosing on the property and not receiving maintenance fees.

Not all HOA's will do the deedbacks and in some instances it's on a case to case basis. If they realize it is in their best interest to take them back they will agree to it. If you can convince them that it would be best for them to go along they might agree to take it back. Just make sure you talk to someone who understands the process and nicely present your case. It worked for me. Good luck.