Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE (by Cindy P.):

My timeshare is paid off just pay MF's. Called Westgate told them I am no longer making any payments to them. They offered me a quit deed form but will not send documents until the TAF (administrative fee) is paid first. It has to be done by credit card, debit card or check over the phone- it can not be mailed. Is this another scam to get $ or is this the process most timeshare companies use- Pay up front?

donp196 wrote:
First thing is to contact your home resort. Make sure you get someone who deals with deed backs. Explain your situation and advise them that is beneficial for them work with you rather then spend thousands of dollars and loss of maintenance fees if they choose to be stubborn. Hopefully they will work with you.

You have to be current with your maintenance fees and assessments. They may require you pay next years MF and the expenses for filing the paperwork but that is the cost of doing business. You will reap the benefits of no more ever increasing MF and assessments. I got rid of two timeshares this way and it is a huge relief not dealing with them anymore. Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.