Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE (by Lisa E.):

This resort is a right to use. No we can not get out by simply no paying our maintenance fees/yearly dues. I have spent the last 3 years attempting this concept. Currently, we are in the process of trying to deed in lieu the place back to these folks. I have received the most ridiculous email as of last week telling me we they are now adding 33% to our debt (collection fees), which was appx $1100 a year. However, they state they not report the debt if we and I provide you verbiage from email (with the condition of the donation of $ 2.00 USD, this is in benefit to the Royal Foundation, which with your contribution is responsible for providing their first vacation to children who have never traveled and who are in conditions of extreme poverty.) Sounds almost like blackmail to me. This company is the most unscrupulous I have ever seen. They refuse to negotiate or let you out of a fully paid off contract because they do not want to take the weeks back into their pool. It is a simple money grab. Yes, I have read the contract fully many times over. Like I said yesterday, I am real estate. Not unfamiliar with the verbage. They are indifferent to the fact that they closed the Bahamas office. I was willing to go there to deal in person,as I live in Florida. It was by a phone call to inquire that I even found out the office is no longer there. I was told I would have to go to a Mexico resort to talk to someone. And they still would not take the weeks back.