Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Howzzat? (by KC):

lisae375 wrote:
No we can not get out by simply no paying our maintenance fees/yearly dues. <<

Why on earth do you believe this to be true?

These people have absolutely no legal leverage over you as a U.S. resident. If you refuse to pay them another penny, they really have absolutely no other choice other than to simply terminate your "membership" (you apparently own absolutely nothing there if I understand you correctly; it seems that you apparently just have a "right to use" membership in a "club").

Quote:
Currently, we are in the process of trying to deed in lieu the place back to these folks.

You are reportedly "in real estate". Accordingly, you should know that there IS NO "deed" in a RTU contract, since in a RTU contract you don't actually own anything to be "deeded" in the first place. You merely have a membership in a "club" with a right to use contract. No more, no less. Am I missing something here?

Quote:
I was told I would have to go to a Mexico resort to talk to someone. And they still would not take the weeks back.

Further reinforcement that these folks have no leverage over you whatsoever, apparently having no legal presence or jurisdiction in the U.S. You can waste money paying lawyers if you choose to do so, but if in your shoes I'd just tell these parasites to go pound sand (no pun intended) and let them know in blunt terms not uncertain that they are simply not going to see another penny from you and to "have a nice day". What do you somehow believe they could possibly do in response to that position? It seems to me that the worst that could happen is a (temporary) negative credit report hit --- and only IF they even bother to initiate that effort after terminating your "membership". Your personal decision to make of course.