Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

You can't "return" a timeshare unless the developer or resort AGREES to take it back... (by Irene P.):

I know Mike Finn well but only refer to him after the resort refuses to take back the timeshare. If it's a simple request for relinquishment contact the resort first and see what they say. Loans are more difficult to cancel and if denied and you stop paying, it will be reported as a foreclosure. Those worried about their credit score should consult at attorney. If you file a complaint with the Attorneys General where you signed, where the resort headquarter is domiciled, and where you live, the resort has to answer and they are less likely to tell an AG no than a timeshare member. If there is a loan or credit card involved, often with Barclays, file a complaint with the CFPB. Several times the member or me, if I filed on their behalf (like when English is second language), we received a call and letter from the bank within a day or two. You file under mortgage (even if no mortgage) and select the bank. There is no option to select the timeshare company. Out of courtesy, file your request with the resort first and state you will not file the regulatory complaints for a week to allow the resort time to respond. I know several posting are critical of BBB, as they only report how efficiently the company responds to complaints. However, for some reason, Bluegreen is going out of their way to help members who file a BBB complaint, following instructions provided by the book published by a member supported Bluegreen Facebook.