Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Property Donation Group; specific questions, no answers... (by KC):

lancec13 wrote:
I have not personally had any experience with PDG but, from all reports, PDG will charge you a hefty fee to take your timeshare.
I have NO personal experience with this PDG entity either, but earlier in this very same thread I openly challenged the PDG "representative" (who had previously "contributed" to this thread) to explain / identify the nature of the new deed "recipient" in these alleged "donations". That challenge went completely unanswered --- and that silence was (to me) significant and noteworthy.

I raised the question for a very simple and specific reason --- a deed can be determined to be legally invalid and VOIDED if / when there was fraud involved. If the new "grantee" is just a bogus shell corporation or a phony LLC, established for the sole purpose of evading lawful financial responsibilities or contractual obligations, then a road named FRAUD is likely being travelled. Anyone who thinks they can simply "breathe easy" after the dumping of a timeshare into a completely bogus entity could be in for a very big surprise later --- STILL being the lawful owner of record, not to mention STILL owing ALL back maintenance fees (...PLUS interest) if and when the invalid deed is subsequently voided.

The advice provided in the previous post above is sound. Get rid of the timeshare LEGALLY, even if you have to sell it for a dollar or give it away for free --- even if you have to pay the closing costs yourself. Do it right (and legally) so that it won't come back to bite you later...