Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marion Griffin, Thomas Verner are scammers (by Marion M.):

Now lets go to Peter Hill. Peter and I had an excellent relationship. After posting this notice he wrote a number of nice emails to me. He was enticed into writing he felt he had been scammed by two very clever people who in order to avoid paying rent on his property knew exactly what they were doing using my empathy and a private a conversation I had with them about people being abused and threatened which resulted in somewhat some of the items posted on this site and ultimately starting off yet another round of scam alerts on me.

When I initially took Peters property on, once again the agreement was for me to upfront the costs to get his property which had sat empty for years back in to a good condition for rental. At the beginning of the rental, I met what I felt were a good decent couple who were in need of help alone in Florida with three children including a baby who when I met them had just sufficient money for one more night in a hotel room hey were penniless. Claiming he was waiting for money to be transferred by his Mother, I let them rent the property with no money down or towards rent, based on the fact he was going to eventually get the money to pay. I even contributed to the utilities being put on for him. The money from his Mother never appeared and he asked to help me with what I was doing to help him financially. For the next few months I ended up funding the rent, the utilities, and giving him money each week to live on. At the same time, he was learning what I was doing and eventually trusted him to collect rents and deposits on my behalf and to make deposits into peoples accounts for me and basically running things in my absence. At the same time, I met a couple who also lived on the development, renting someone else's property.

Their business was renting out timeshares and other peoples properties. During the early stages I felt comfortable whilst talking about being abused opened up to them about my ex Husband had done to me and after trying to kill me (a police report is on record for this) and was put in jail his family who were computer experts and also very dangerous had vowed to ruin my life and my reputation and by doing identity theft on me was part of the problem resulting in a scam being put on this timeshare websites about me either by making fictitious claims or by hacking in my emails and accounts and other personal data they had of mine to make it look like I had scammed people. . I also told them I had been advised by authorities not to go to this website that would enable them to trace me and cause more harm to me or my family. That is why today was the first time I had looked at this.

Through being backed into a corner over a booking she had done for my family at Christmas I had to agree to her moving into Peters Property in February, with me not just paying the first months rent for her, but also being responsible for her utilities for the first month, and ultimately putting the power and cable on in my name as she was not able to have it in their name due to a previous problem they had experienced. I then found out that she was not even in the house herself but had rented it out to a Canadian family. Eventually she moved in and paid part March rent deducting accommodation in a timeshare resort for the person I had been supporting previously in the house. Once she moved in she wanted to speak to Peter direct because she felt as the house was in pre foreclosure which she was aware of and was renting her previous house in that status she should not be expected to be paying $895 for a four bedroom property and felt he should reduce it to $500. I told her this was not going to happen Peter was not going to reduce the rental that much. When the next rent was due she refused to pay it now claiming that I did not represent Peter Hill and I had been scamming her. After showing her the money gram receipts I had sent him, the legal paperwork he had signed and sent me proving I was his POA, she now insisted the POA was notarized. As there are few Notaries in the UK Peter could not do this for over a week. At this stage she was now seriously behind on rent. I sent copies of Peters emails to me telling me when the appointment was.

Once Peter had sent me the copy of the notarized POA, she insisted that she wanted to see the original before she paid. I was shocked to then get a nasty email from Peter, as she had contacting the Notary on the POA, to try and get Peters direct contact telling them check Redweek, the very site I had confidentially told her about, and that I was a scam artist and had scammed him and made him believe not only that she had paid the rent but that the Police were going to arrest me for fraudulently opening up homes without owners permission and that the Locksmith had told her this. The previous listing to Peters is hers where she had contacted people on this website claiming I was renting her a house without the owners permission and scamming her. Despite the fact she had all the relavant papers now and was absolutely aware I legally represented Peter and making claims I was about to be arrested. At that stage I paid for an attorney to call to peak to the police and the owners of houses she claims I had opened without permission to find that her claims were unfounded. The Locksmith in question was also called and with the conversation being overheard not just by my legal representative but his response being recorded in writing the Locksmith absolutely denied ever telling her that. His words were the whole thing is laughable. At that stage I suggested if she had paid me Aprils rent, she needed to produce evidence of the payment to the person she was making these allegations to. She could not produce that. However in the meantime she was now in contact with one of the main source of the scam campaign on Redweek making up more false claims. On speaking to Peter after this and being honest as to the situation on this and how it happened he asked what I felt he should do at this stage about the house. He did not want them in there. I had recently spoken to the Banks representative on his behalf and they had offered him a lump sum to simply hand over the keys and they would deal with the people in the property. I suggested that was best option as I had no intent of working with the people in his house. I have all his legal paperwork proving I represented him legally. I also have confirmation that he had received all rents due to him despite the fact that in total I only received in real funds part of a Months rent in March. I also have his last email thanking me and wishing me the best.

Therefore, Peters message that he thought he had been scammed was brought on by this persons endeavor's to cause as much trouble for me as she can and with the assistance of a few other members on here spreading this around which was unfounded.

Just to add to this, I am now left with their Power and Brighthouse Bills which was still in my name which was past due when they left the property sometime after. You may ask why did I not simply turn the utilities off when I stopped representing the house in April and the answer to that was being the nasty person you portray me as, knowing they were unable to get these in their name I did not want to leave their children without power or as all her work is done via the internet from home leave them in the position where they could not work and make a living to support their family.