Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Say what??? A reliance on escrow companies?? (by Lenora M.):

ken1193 wrote:
marcj26 wrote:
....the escrow companies are reliant on scamming rental companies, but there is just as much as a reliance of our lack-of-research to be done on these companies.
There are NO business entities, legitimate or otherwise, which are solely "escrow companies", per se. "Escrow" is merely the holding of transaction funds by an objective, third party entity which is not otherwise directly involved in the transaction at all.

By the way, in regard to your prior post (and contrary to your statement there), it's relatively easy to NEVER get scammed in the timeshare industry. It simply involves using common sense and using your head for something besides wearing a hat. If you NEVER buy from a developer and you NEVER pay an "upfront fee" to ANYONE in the timeshare industry for ANY reason, you can't get scammed. Period, amen.

But getting back to your last post, if by your using the term "escrow companies", you actually mean CLOSING companies or TITLE companies (such as First American Title, JRA Services, Timeshare Transfer, etc., which may ALSO include "escrow of funds" as a part of their services), these companies are all completely honest, well established and legitimate businesses whose "escrow" function is just ONE small part of handling closings (i.e., the legal details ownership transfers). In some instances, these closing or title entities may also serve as "middleman" between an owner and a renter for rental funds (i.e., escrow) --- specifically to PREVENT any impropriety or attempted scamming by EITHER the owner or the renter in a rental transaction.

Legitimate closing companies and title companies have absolutely NO relationship with (...nor ANY reliance whatsoever upon) those with "scamming intent", so I'm frankly quite puzzled by the meaning and / or the intended point of your post on the topic.