Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Am I crazy? How do points work with II? (by R P.):

zachv4 wrote:
Thanks for the wisdom Jayjay, just sent my cancellation letter this morning. I really appreciate the warning. What's the best way to figure all this out? Especially since every property seems to work so differently or have a different trade value.

Also, it seems like the Getaways are a great value. Is there a cheap way to get into II just to get access to those?

It's all relative to what you are looking for via timesharing .... a fixed week/fixed unit every year in the same resort, a floating week within a certain timeframe, a points system etc.

If I were to ever get back into timesharing I would choose a point system for the flexibility, however you would need to research all the different point systems out there and what they had to offer. When timesharing was only fixed weeks/fixed units/fixed resort every year it was far less complicated than it is now.

I don't believe RCI nor II will let you become a member if you don't own a timeshare in their system, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.