Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Redweek full service sales (by Hawaii Week):

This is regarding a RENTAL through Redweeks full service : I'm here to let everyone know about the awful experience I am currently having with a Redweek rental. The listing states Dec 18 - Jan 1st (2 weeks) for the resort I want. I emailed asking if they can just rent out Dec 25 - Jan 1st (1 week) and keep Dec 18-25 for rent? Redweek contacted the owner and yes he would rent them out 1 week at a time. We agreed on a price and on Sept 6 I got an email from Redweeks Paula Matta saying my offer was accepted and please pay through Deposit Guard. I paid instantly on Sept 6th. Reminder - this is Christmas week so I put in the email that I would like to buy my tickets and I did everything they asked instantly to make this transaction move smoothly so I can get my Xmas tickets. Redweek sends an email to not buy tickets until you get your reservation. OK, so I pay instantly and hear nothing. I check in next day and they say it takes 2-3 days for payment to clear. I think Redweek should contact owner and let owner know to change names sometime during the next 2-3 days & have reservation all ready for the buyer when payment clears (the owner can always change the name back if payment did not clear) On Sept 8th I get an email that payment has cleared and all parties have been notified. The next day on Sept 9 I check in and I get a reply from Paula that it takes 2 - 3 days AFTER payment has cleared to get your reservation. OK, anyone who's familiar with Redweek and has booked through an owner knows that it takes a very short time to change names when you are the owner of the resort. I'm a Marriott owner and have been using Redweek booking through owners since 2008. It's a piece of cake when working directly with the owner. OK, so now it's getting close to a week since paying. Paid Sept 6th and now I check in on Sept 12 asking where is my reservation ?! I get a reply back that Paula will check on it. Remember - I still can't buy my tickets. No reply from Paula so on Sept 14th I email " Hello, is my reservation coming over?" and she replies back that the owner put the reservation under the dates Dec 18 - Jan 1st and not Dec 25th - Jan 1st. I replied to please hurry and contact owner because I need to even see if there is a true reservation ?! She never replied back to me and that was 2 days ago. TERRIBLE SERVICE & If you can book directly through an owner and use your own deposit guard I highly suggest that instead of Redweeks middleman who doesn't stay on top of things. When you call Redweek they just tell you to email them and I emailed 2 days ago to no reply back. Oh and $1000's of dollars of mine are just sitting in deposit guard and I don't even want to check flights and see if they've gone up.