Timeshare Companies

Redweek full service sales

Sep 06, 2013

Any feedback on using the full service sales offered from RedWeek?

Diane E.
Jul 19, 2014

Worked for me. Wait for them to contact you by Internet , don't trust phone calls telling you to send cash to close the deal. I got a call and contacted red week, they said it had nothing to do with them, someone must have gotten enough of my info to convince me. Good thing I waited anyway...saved me about $600.

Rick M.
Sep 16, 2016

This is regarding a RENTAL through Redweeks full service : I'm here to let everyone know about the awful experience I am currently having with a Redweek rental. The listing states Dec 18 - Jan 1st (2 weeks) for the resort I want. I emailed asking if they can just rent out Dec 25 - Jan 1st (1 week) and keep Dec 18-25 for rent? Redweek contacted the owner and yes he would rent them out 1 week at a time. We agreed on a price and on Sept 6 I got an email from Redweeks Paula Matta saying my offer was accepted and please pay through Deposit Guard. I paid instantly on Sept 6th. Reminder - this is Christmas week so I put in the email that I would like to buy my tickets and I did everything they asked instantly to make this transaction move smoothly so I can get my Xmas tickets. Redweek sends an email to not buy tickets until you get your reservation. OK, so I pay instantly and hear nothing. I check in next day and they say it takes 2-3 days for payment to clear. I think Redweek should contact owner and let owner know to change names sometime during the next 2-3 days & have reservation all ready for the buyer when payment clears (the owner can always change the name back if payment did not clear) On Sept 8th I get an email that payment has cleared and all parties have been notified. The next day on Sept 9 I check in and I get a reply from Paula that it takes 2 - 3 days AFTER payment has cleared to get your reservation. OK, anyone who's familiar with Redweek and has booked through an owner knows that it takes a very short time to change names when you are the owner of the resort. I'm a Marriott owner and have been using Redweek booking through owners since 2008. It's a piece of cake when working directly with the owner. OK, so now it's getting close to a week since paying. Paid Sept 6th and now I check in on Sept 12 asking where is my reservation ?! I get a reply back that Paula will check on it. Remember - I still can't buy my tickets. No reply from Paula so on Sept 14th I email " Hello, is my reservation coming over?" and she replies back that the owner put the reservation under the dates Dec 18 - Jan 1st and not Dec 25th - Jan 1st. I replied to please hurry and contact owner because I need to even see if there is a true reservation ?! She never replied back to me and that was 2 days ago. TERRIBLE SERVICE & If you can book directly through an owner and use your own deposit guard I highly suggest that instead of Redweeks middleman who doesn't stay on top of things. When you call Redweek they just tell you to email them and I emailed 2 days ago to no reply back. Oh and $1000's of dollars of mine are just sitting in deposit guard and I don't even want to check flights and see if they've gone up.

Hawaii Week
Sep 19, 2016

Hello alohaa,

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience and hassle you have expirenced. As you may know, The Full-Service Rental program is fairly new so we are trying to find ways to improve the service and make is as efficient as possible.

Your situation was a bit unique. The owner had two weeks advertised and you requested one week and the owner agreed. To recap how our services work, we use a 3rd party company called DepositGuard to send out the deposit agreement, collect and disburse funds. When a rental price is agreed upon, RedWeek sends out the rental agreement through DepositGuard. The tenant signs first, then the landlord and followed by requesting the rental payment. Once the rental payment is submitted, it takes 3 business days for the funds to clear (if using a credit card) or up to 5 days if using e-check. Once the payment has cleared, RedWeek immediately requests the owner to add the guest name. Please note, some resorts charges to add a guest name. This is why the guest name is added after the rental funds have cleared. In your case, when RedWeek received the updated reservation confirmation from the owner, your representative realized the reservation had the wrong check out date. The RedWeek representative immediately contacted the owner to get it fixed and has followed up with the resort to reconfirm but it hasn’t been updated yet. Your representative will continue to work closely with the owner and resort to provide you with the reservation confirmation. Unfortunately, we have no control over how long the owner takes to respond or the resort to update the reservation. We will continue to work hard in getting this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Once again, we truly apologize for the inconvenience and we hope we can better service you in the future.

Thank you for being part of RedWeek.com!

Lorna Full Service Manager

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
Sep 19, 2016

Thank you for your reply but since Redweek never replied back to my email I sent on Sept 14th (today is Sept. 19th) I emailed the owner directly because their email was on the contract. He sent me over my reservation within 5 minutes. Paula your Redweek representative still has yet to respond to my email sent 5 days ago. For others out there here is a time frame. Paid Sept 6th - Reservation received Sept 17th because I personally emailed owner. Good Luck!

Hawaii Week
Sep 19, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. As mentioned earlier, the owner provided the reservation confirmation but when we re-confirmed it with the resort, they had the wrong check out date. Your check out date is on 1/1/17 and the resort had 12/31/16. We were trying to avoid having you go through some hassle while on vacation. We needed confirmation from the resort, that they had your check out date correctly. We were able to get it straighten out today with the resort. You are all set. We've forward you the updated reservation and it has been re-confirmed with the resort. Have a safe vacation and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Lorna Full-Service Manager

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.