Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Has anyone used HELP4TSO (by J V.):

arlene174 wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by "Helping Timeshare Owners" in cancelling your contract with your resort? They work with a 3rd party called "HELP4TSO". Does anyone have any information of these companies. I've been scammed once twice shy. Arlene174

I've never heard of them, and when I looked into them a little bit there wasn't a lot of damning evidence. Helping Timeshare Owners LLC shares an address with Timeshare Advocate LLC, and both of them have a few complaints online.

Setting aside these companies for a second, the unfortunate fact of the matter is out of the hundreds of companies I've seen offer people a way out of their timeshare for an upfront fee, not a single one of them has ever actually done anything for their customers.

Does this mean that all companies including Helping Timeshare Owners LLC are fraudulent? No, but I've seen too many times people desperate to be rid of their timeshare paying several different companies, and at the end of it they still have their timeshare and they've lost a lot of money as well.

My recommendation would be to ask people here about things you can do on your own to try to get out from the timeshare (JayJay and DonP both know quite a bit about what your options might be as far as things you can do on your own).

The other option is to find a company that won't charge you until the timeshare is 100% out of your name, but there are a lot of companies that pretend to do that, and then lie about it being transferred so that you pay them.

Also, have you spoken with the timeshare company itself to find out if they have any buyback programs? Some timeshare companies will take it back, usually for a fee, but at least you know your fee is actually going towards something.