Timeshare Companies

Has anyone used HELP4TSO

Nov 17, 2014

Has anyone been contacted by "Helping Timeshare Owners" in cancelling your contract with your resort? They work with a 3rd party called "HELP4TSO". Does anyone have any information of these companies. I've been scammed once twice shy. Arlene174

Arlene G.
Nov 17, 2014

arlene174 wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by "Helping Timeshare Owners" in cancelling your contract with your resort? They work with a 3rd party called "HELP4TSO". Does anyone have any information of these companies. I've been scammed once twice shy. Arlene174

I've never heard of them, and when I looked into them a little bit there wasn't a lot of damning evidence. Helping Timeshare Owners LLC shares an address with Timeshare Advocate LLC, and both of them have a few complaints online.

Setting aside these companies for a second, the unfortunate fact of the matter is out of the hundreds of companies I've seen offer people a way out of their timeshare for an upfront fee, not a single one of them has ever actually done anything for their customers.

Does this mean that all companies including Helping Timeshare Owners LLC are fraudulent? No, but I've seen too many times people desperate to be rid of their timeshare paying several different companies, and at the end of it they still have their timeshare and they've lost a lot of money as well.

My recommendation would be to ask people here about things you can do on your own to try to get out from the timeshare (JayJay and DonP both know quite a bit about what your options might be as far as things you can do on your own).

The other option is to find a company that won't charge you until the timeshare is 100% out of your name, but there are a lot of companies that pretend to do that, and then lie about it being transferred so that you pay them.

Also, have you spoken with the timeshare company itself to find out if they have any buyback programs? Some timeshare companies will take it back, usually for a fee, but at least you know your fee is actually going towards something.

J V.

Last edited by jordanv6 on Nov 17, 2014 04:26 PM

Nov 18, 2014

It's a SCAM !! Never pay anyone money to get you out of your timeshare, You said you were scammed twice before then don't get scammed a third time.

Don P.
Nov 18, 2014

jordanv6 wrote:
arlene174 wrote:

I've never heard of them, and when I looked into them a little bit there wasn't a lot of damning evidence. Helping Timeshare Owners LLC shares an address with Timeshare Advocate LLC, and both of them have a few complaints online.

Setting aside these companies for a second, the unfortunate fact of the matter is out of the hundreds of companies I've seen offer people a way out of their timeshare for an upfront fee, not a single one of them has ever actually done anything for their customers.

Does this mean that all companies including Helping Timeshare Owners LLC are fraudulent? No, but I've seen too many times people desperate to be rid of their timeshare paying several different companies, and at the end of it they still have their timeshare and they've lost a lot of money as well.

My recommendation would be to ask people here about things you can do on your own to try to get out from the timeshare (JayJay and DonP both know quite a bit about what your options might be as far as things you can do on your own).

The other option is to find a company that won't charge you until the timeshare is 100% out of your name, but there are a lot of companies that pretend to do that, and then lie about it being transferred so that you pay them.

Also, have you spoken with the timeshare company itself to find out if they have any buyback programs? Some timeshare companies will take it back, usually for a fee, but at least you know your fee is actually going towards something.

Thank you for your response and your advice.

Arlene G.
Nov 18, 2014

donp196 wrote:
It's a SCAM !! Never pay anyone money to get you out of your timeshare, You said you were scammed twice before then don't get scammed a third time.

Thank you. Your right twice is enough, thanks again Arlene174

Arlene G.
Feb 06, 2015

I was successful with a company by a similar name. It was mexicotimeshareadvocate. I would guess they are somehow related, but I am not able to confirm that. They helped us out after the Perfected 5 day period. I would have no hesitation to recommend them. We are from Canada and bought in Mexico, only to find out it wasn't what we were told. The fellow we dealt with was Clay. They do charge you if successful, but nothing up front. It worked for us and hope if you contact them, they are able to assist. Good luck! Cheers, Frank.

jordanv6 wrote:
arlene174 wrote:

Frank S.
Feb 06, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your timeshare.

Don P.
Feb 06, 2015

"Its a Scam" is absolutely right. It took us two different companies to figure it out but even if they promise you the world, you're only getting their empty promises. Good luck........There are buyback programs out there but you still need to pay them to take it off you're hands. Goode luck....

Richard F.
Feb 07, 2015

You can also contact your home resort and negotiate a deed back if they agree, I got rid of two timeshares that way. It was quick and inexpensive.

Don P.
Jun 17, 2015

I am currently using this service. They did charge an upfront fee. Then drafted letters for me to send registered to the resort and the bank. We were advised not to pay credit card that we used for the deposit. Tried to dispute the charges unsuccessfully, so the bank calls daily to collect. Had to change banks to avoid collections and now I am turned down when I applied for another credit card. My case worker is bad at returning calls or answering emails on a timely basis. It's been well over 1 year and I am still waiting for results.

I would like to know how you approached the resorts directly to get them to buy back your timeshare. Could you provide more details so I can try it as well.

Thanks.

Darby F.
Jun 17, 2015

"I would like to know how you approached the resorts directly to get them to buy back your timeshare. Could you provide more details so I can try it as well."

Let's clarify one thing. The resort will not buy it back from you. It might take your unit back. It will probably charge you closing costs and perhaps even the next maintenance fee. Make sure that you are up to date on your maintenance fees and mortgage. But you best bet would be to try to contact the resort's Homeowners' Association (HOA) and ask to speak to someone in charge.

Explain your situation and perhaps even tell them, in no uncertain terms, that you are not paying another dime in maintenance fees (other than the next year's fee in exchange for the HOA to take the unit back) and that it would be in the best interests of all involved if the resort would amicably take it back.

Lance C.
Jul 28, 2015

Ok, so what do you know that can get me out of my paid off timeshare at Vacation Village? They tell me they don't have a resale or buyback program. Basically tough luck!! The contract is paid off, but I still have to pay the taxes & maintenance on a property that we no longer use. Any suggestions you may have would be beenficial. Thanks ahead, hoping you can help me...

Patricia G.
Jul 29, 2015

patriciag421 wrote:
Ok, so what do you know that can get me out of my paid off timeshare at Vacation Village? They tell me they don't have a resale or buyback program. Basically tough luck!! The contract is paid off, but I still have to pay the taxes & maintenance on a property that we no longer use. Any suggestions you may have would be beenficial. Thanks ahead, hoping you can help me...

What you do NOT do is pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam.

You said that "they don't have a resale or buyback program" but you can ask if the resort will take your unit back. Make sure you contact someone from the Homeowners' Association. The HOA might require that you pay closing costs and even the next maintenance fee. Also, be firm and let them know that you will get rid of ownership one way or another.

You can also try listing it here on RedWeek in the Bargain Basement section saying that it's free and you will pay the closing costs. It will take some effort and patience but you should be able to eventually get rid of it.

Lance C.
Aug 28, 2015

Yes I have signed up with them in 2014 my contract was cancel and off my credit report within nine months August 2015 I was done

Nakia D.
Aug 28, 2015

Yes I have signed up with them in 2014 my contract was cancel and off my credit report within nine months August 2015 I was done that company is legit I was scared to because I have been a victim of scam to when they said the price I was really scared but they work out a payment plan with you you can always speak with someone to check your progress

Nakia D.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 28, 2015 05:59 PM

Aug 29, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get out of your timeshare. It's a SCAM !!! All they want is your upfront money. They send shills in the forum to pretend to be satisfied customers to get your money. Check out the company and you will find that they are using a postal drop box and once they have your money you have no way to track them down. Don't fall for one of the oldest scams in the business.

Don P.
Jan 28, 2016

Hello out there. About a year ago I purchased a timeshare and I am not satisfied with it. I can't book any trips and the one trip that I scheduled when we purchased it, the timeshare bumped me out of my reservation the day before the trip. I looked up HELP4TSO and it seems as though they may be able to help me. I would like to know if this is a reputable company. I don' want to be cheated out of more money and I surely don't want my credit messed up. If anyone has used this company can you please give me a synopsis of your experience, the timeframe I'm looking at, a ball park figure of how much and if they are easy to contact and return my calls. Thank you

Cheville M.
Jan 28, 2016

Well you have left a couple of questions unanswered. What are you hoping to accomplish with HELP4SO? Are you hoping that they are some kind of law firm that will help you sue the pants off the timeshare company? Are you looking to sell your unit? Rent it out? Are you looking to recoup the money you already paid in mortgage and maintenance fees? Are you looking to better maximize your ownership?

Answering these questions might help others on here help you. Just remember to never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to do anything with your unit.

Lance C.
Jan 28, 2016

I am looking to get out of contract with BlueGreen Timeshare. At 1st I was willing to keep it, long as I could maximize my ownership, but now I just want to be rid of it. I haven't even had it a year and twice I tried to use the get aways, but was unable to book anything. But the final act was when they cancelled a reservation that they set up for me to come and learn more about how to use my points. They cancelled the reservation on the day that I was to arrive. Mind you I had to pay for this owners update trip. They had my money, told me I couldn't cancel or that I would be charged more but then all of the sudden they cancelled my reservation. The rep told me that they had other guest coming in and gave my room away to a potential buyer. I had to fight for 6 hours to even get another room. Bluegreen is the worst Timeshare and I would like help getting out of the contract.

lancec13 wrote:
Well you have left a couple of questions unanswered. What are you hoping to accomplish with HELP4SO? Are you hoping that they are some kind of law firm that will help you sue the pants off the timeshare company? Are you looking to sell your unit? Rent it out? Are you looking to recoup the money you already paid in mortgage and maintenance fees? Are you looking to better maximize your ownership?

Answering these questions might help others on here help you. Just remember to never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to do anything with your unit.

Cheville M.
Jan 28, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money that claims they can get you out of your contract. Scammers prey on people who are desperate to get out of their maintenance fees. They take your money and then they put you on the " sucker list " and somewhere down the road someone else will contact you claiming they can recover the money you lost to the scammers. Don't fall for the phony attorney or paralegal scams either. Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.