Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Has anyone used HELP4TSO (by Lance C.):

uriels2 wrote:
Nakiad4, Who did you have a timeshare with? I really want out of my timeshare and welk(the owner of timeshare) is not returning my phone calls.

Please keep in mind that Nakia D posted his/her story on here nearly two years ago and I have not seen that person back on here since then.

If you want out of your timeshare here are a few points and suggestions. First, you do not have to pay any company a large, upfront fee that claims it will get rid of or "cancel" your timeshare. There are ways you can do it yourself for a lot less money. Secondly, make sure your mortgage and maintenance fees are up to date. No one is going to want to take on your timeshare if there is anything owing on it.

Third, I don't know whom you are trying to contact at Welk, but you should try to contact the Homeowners' Association. They are the ones who will be responsible for taking your unit back (if they agree to it). If you can't reach them by phone, try writing a letter to the president of the HOA and explain your situation. Maybe even say very boldly that you are not paying another penny in maintenance fees and that it would be in the resort's best interests to take your unit back amicably. The resort/HOA might require that you pay the next maintenance fee and closing costs but that would amount to a lot less than using some of these companies that claim they can get you out of your timeshare.

Also, you could try listing your unit for sale or giveaway here on RedWeek. Other good sites are My Resort Network, Craigslist, E-Bay, and Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). If in your listing you offer to pay the next maintenance fee and closing costs, you just might find a taker for your unit.