Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Can points I purchase thru resale be used to convert fixed weeks? - Wyndham (by KC):

tracey75 wrote:
Resale points would not convert fixed weeks. His best option would be to try to give them back through the Wyndham Ovation program- the number to call is (855) 312-9040 and ask if they will take back the deeds (no cost with ovations). For a while they were taking almost everything but I kind of doubt his resort is on the list that they still take back. If they will not take a deed back the next best option would be to try to give them away even if he has to prepay MF and give away the weeks with free first years usage.

Just for clarification, are you asserting that Wyndham no longer allows owners of fixed weeks to convert (i.e, simply PAY to convert, of course) those fixed weeks in order to also have Wyndham points become associated with those fixed weeks? My vague (but perhaps incorrect) recollection is that they called that program "Club Wyndham Plus".

I am not challenging or in any way disputing your above input, but merely seeking to more clearly understand whether that "conversion" option which was offered and available from Wyndham in years past is still an available option today. However, even if still an option, any such "conversion" would certainly cost the OP a minimum of at least $5,000 (based solely on the costs cited to me 10 years ago) to "convert" two weeks at a minimum of $2,500 per week . Quite likely not worth the expense in any event, since there would still be those two weeks worth of annual maintenance fee obligations and the amount of points which would be allocated in any such "conversion" is as yet completely unknown.