Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Marriott Vacation Club Points (by Lance C.):

mikem2222 wrote:
I am looking to sell my timeshare and my points. I have 3,500 points per year.

Don't give any more details on these boards about what you own because then that will be seen as an ad and ads are not allowed on these boards.

Here are a few things to keep in mind when trying to sell a timeshare. First and foremost, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam.

Secondly, make sure you are well aware of the realistic resale value of what you own. Over 90% of the units for sale are worth around zero dollars. One recommendation is to check E-Bay, log into your account, and see what similar units to yours have sold for. Make sure you check completed listings to see what people have actually paid. You might be unpleasantly shocked to see that similar units sold for about one dollar or listings ended without garnering any bids.

Also, when you make up your ad and post it on a reputable site like here on RedWeek, give more details such as location, resort, what the points are for, etc.