Point Systems

Marriott Vacation Club Points

Mar 27, 2021

I am 500 Marriott Club Points short for a reservation in 2022. Is it possible to do a one time buy/transfer of 500 points?

Pat S.
Mar 27, 2021

You can rent points from someone

Diane O.
Sep 28, 2021

I need help Please.....

Can I sell MVP that expire 12/31/21? And how do I go about it? Also, how do I figure out what their worth.

I can't seem to find anything that I can use my points by the end of the year.

I have 5,275 expiring

Liliane F.

Last edited by lilianef2 on Sep 28, 2021 10:09 AM

Sep 28, 2021

Liliane: You can book weeks with your Marriott points and then post those weeks for rent. Our posting options can be viewed on this page: Rent My Timeshare

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 04, 2021

can I sell my vacation club rewards points an how do I do that?

bob
Nov 30, 2021

Can you not bank those?

Brian H.
Dec 22, 2021

If booking something is not an option, you can convert the vacation club points to Bonvoy points. It is not a great exchange, in terms of value, in my opinion but is better than just letting the points expire.

Richard S.
Dec 25, 2021

Bob,

There are destination (trust) points and Marriott Bonvoy points.

Which do you have?

If you have destination points, they are usually 1000,1500, 2000 etc.

William C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 25, 2021 07:39 PM

Jan 26, 2023

Does Marriott treat you differently because you did not purchase direct

Do they allow you to join the point system if you are already a Marriott points owner

I have not had great luck using points as it appears there is no availability if you want to go in a good season

Pat P.
Jan 26, 2023

I am a Presidential owner and in the destination program but still have control over my weeks to use as I own a popular resort

I am looking to purchase another unit and if i want to merge it into the points system do you know if they will allow it and is it more costly because you did not purchase from Marriott

Has anyone had experience with that?

Pat P.
Feb 04, 2023

I am looking to sell my timeshare and my points. I have 3,500 points per year.

Mike M.
Feb 04, 2023

mikem2222 wrote:
I am looking to sell my timeshare and my points. I have 3,500 points per year.

Don't give any more details on these boards about what you own because then that will be seen as an ad and ads are not allowed on these boards.

Here are a few things to keep in mind when trying to sell a timeshare. First and foremost, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam.

Secondly, make sure you are well aware of the realistic resale value of what you own. Over 90% of the units for sale are worth around zero dollars. One recommendation is to check E-Bay, log into your account, and see what similar units to yours have sold for. Make sure you check completed listings to see what people have actually paid. You might be unpleasantly shocked to see that similar units sold for about one dollar or listings ended without garnering any bids.

Also, when you make up your ad and post it on a reputable site like here on RedWeek, give more details such as location, resort, what the points are for, etc.

Lance C.
Mar 02, 2023

Just completed the Timeshare presentation at MArriott Laguna Mar ( a lovely resort). When the 'closer' (manager) came in, he said I should know that resale (purchased points) cannot be used in the interval exchange system. Having seem Marriott points for sale (for much less than developer prices), I wonder if this is true? Can anyone confirm? Thank you - a newbie trying to dip my toe into TS, Deb B

Belcore Deborah
Mar 29, 2023

I would like to buy 1000 Marriott club points. I’m about 800 short for the week I want because there isn’t availability for the smaller units I planned to rent. Where on this site are postings for purchasing (renting) club points for single use?

David G.
Apr 08, 2023

Marriott only allows you to enroll resale weeks in the Abound (points) system at certain times of the year. At those times, they only do so if you purchase a certain amount of points directly from them, and it is not cheap.

Charles L.
Apr 16, 2023

Is anybody else upset with Marriott changing the number of points you need to book weeks in Palm desert area during the month of April?

For the last 4 years I was able to book a 1 bedroom at a Palm Desert 13 months in advance since I have an Executive membership after April 15th for just 905 MVCI points and now I can't book 3 days 13 months in advance and for the time period after April 15th they now require 1200 points. Is there anything in any of our contracts that says Marriot can change the rules like this? Does anybody know if a class action suit could help us all either grandfathering us or giving us 33% more points so we can continue do what we were doing before?

Bob

Bob W.
Apr 26, 2023

Surprised, no one has attempted to answer. First, so far as I understand, a point purchased inside or outside is the same with respect to use. Enrollment is required for points purchased from outside of Marriott - this costs $3.00 per point. Second, why would anyone care about exchanging points through Interval? Points are used to acquire reservations through MVC.

I hope you walked away from this nonsense.

If anyone has a contrary view, please help.

Den
May 13, 2023

MVC has worn me down. Is there a way to sell my points? Yes I do understand I would lose a lot of money. But I give up!!!

Ralph L.
May 15, 2023

Good luck with that Bob. Points inflation seems to be happening all over the travel industry. Many airlines now require more miles to obtain rewards flights--if you can find them in the first place! Starbucks raised their free rewards cups of coffee from 150 to 200 stars. I'm assuming there's fine print that allows businesses to charge whatever they want. I don't recall my contract saying they have to stick to the published points in place when you purchase a timeshare. Like it or not, that wouldn't make good business sense. Sorry I can't be more supportive.

Michael F.
Jul 03, 2023

Having just sat through a presentation by Marriott, I can say that the sales people do, in fact, guarantee that the number of points needed to book a week will “never” change. Now, the maintenance fees for those points do go up, but the number of points needed should not change. So Bob’s post about Palm Desert is very surprising to me, and discouraging. (We did not purchase, so I do not know if the actual contract/deed makes any such guarantees. The sales people certainly do.)

Andrea B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.