What happens now

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Bait & Switch (by Kammey M.):

debbieg97 wrote:
We just returned from Mystic Dunes 10-21-06 and we were informed of the following changes:

1) They are no longer selling two bedroom lock-outs which we purchased in 2004. You may only purchase 1, 2 or 3 bedroom villas. So the concept of splitting weeks is no longer an option. your second week is now an exchange week banked via Interval International (II) at a charge of $135.00.

2) They are now offering a "Flex Plan"

a. Platinum - you can book your slot any of the 52 weeks b. Golden - you don't have as much flexibility as the Platinum but more than what you currently have.

The homeowners association agreed to charge a flat rate for existing owners that wish to pursue the Flex option. The flat rate is just $9,000.00; and an additional $2,000.00 if we chose to purchase a second week bringing the total to $11,000.00 in addition to what was paid in 2004. We inquired how they arrived at this bogus fee of $9,000.00, the manager could not provide an answer that made any sense not even to him.

3) If you choose the Flex plan and wish to exchange your week, you no longer contact II directly, a representative from Mystic Dunes will work with Interval International on your behalf for a fee of $135.00.

4) If you choose not to comply with the Flex Plan, you must submit your intentions in writing and submit to their office.

Expansion:

We were told Wyndham paid Mystic Dunes 47 million dollars to remove the Wyndham name from this property so we can expect to see additional buildings in the future.

I'm not sure how the maintenance fee will be affected; but I'm still in shock with this "Flex Plan".

If you require additional information, please don’t hesitate to email me at ddgpublishing@comcast.net.

We weren't very happy about that either. We are owners and have been to the property for four years now. We have enjoyed it, and we rejected their flex plan. We wanted to just have the week that we purchased as well as the unit we purchased. We were put off by having them offer us this "new deal" for a property that we already own. -- an additional $9,000. SOME DEAL.