Oct 18, 2006

With the change from the Wyndham Palms to the Mystic Dunes, what will that mean to current owners? Will the ammenities and services be affected? What about plans for expansion? What will that do to our maintenance fees?

Keith M.
Oct 24, 2006

We just returned from Mystic Dunes 10-21-06 and we were informed of the following changes:

1) They are no longer selling two bedroom lock-outs which we purchased in 2004. You may only purchase 1, 2 or 3 bedroom villas. So the concept of splitting weeks is no longer an option. your second week is now an exchange week banked via Interval International (II) at a charge of $135.00.

2) They are now offering a "Flex Plan"

a. Platinum - you can book your slot any of the 52 weeks b. Golden - you don't have as much flexibility as the Platinum but more than what you currently have.

The homeowners association agreed to charge a flat rate for existing owners that wish to pursue the Flex option. The flat rate is just $9,000.00; and an additional $2,000.00 if we chose to purchase a second week bringing the total to $11,000.00 in addition to what was paid in 2004. We inquired how they arrived at this bogus fee of $9,000.00, the manager could not provide an answer that made any sense not even to him.

3) If you choose the Flex plan and wish to exchange your week, you no longer contact II directly, a representative from Mystic Dunes will work with Interval International on your behalf for a fee of $135.00.

4) If you choose not to comply with the Flex Plan, you must submit your intentions in writing and submit to their office.

Expansion:

We were told Wyndham paid Mystic Dunes 47 million dollars to remove the Wyndham name from this property so we can expect to see additional buildings in the future.

I'm not sure how the maintenance fee will be affected; but I'm still in shock with this "Flex Plan".

If you require additional information, please don’t hesitate to email me at ddgpublishing@comcast.net.

Debbie G.
Nov 18, 2007

debbieg97 wrote:
We just returned from Mystic Dunes 10-21-06 and we were informed of the following changes:

1) They are no longer selling two bedroom lock-outs which we purchased in 2004. You may only purchase 1, 2 or 3 bedroom villas. So the concept of splitting weeks is no longer an option. your second week is now an exchange week banked via Interval International (II) at a charge of $135.00.

a. Platinum - you can book your slot any of the 52 weeks b. Golden - you don't have as much flexibility as the Platinum but more than what you currently have.

The homeowners association agreed to charge a flat rate for existing owners that wish to pursue the Flex option. The flat rate is just $9,000.00; and an additional $2,000.00 if we chose to purchase a second week bringing the total to $11,000.00 in addition to what was paid in 2004. We inquired how they arrived at this bogus fee of $9,000.00, the manager could not provide an answer that made any sense not even to him.

3) If you choose the Flex plan and wish to exchange your week, you no longer contact II directly, a representative from Mystic Dunes will work with Interval International on your behalf for a fee of $135.00.

4) If you choose not to comply with the Flex Plan, you must submit your intentions in writing and submit to their office.

Expansion:

We were told Wyndham paid Mystic Dunes 47 million dollars to remove the Wyndham name from this property so we can expect to see additional buildings in the future.

I'm not sure how the maintenance fee will be affected; but I'm still in shock with this "Flex Plan".

If you require additional information, please don’t hesitate to email me at ddgpublishing@comcast.net.

We weren't very happy about that either. We are owners and have been to the property for four years now. We have enjoyed it, and we rejected their flex plan. We wanted to just have the week that we purchased as well as the unit we purchased. We were put off by having them offer us this "new deal" for a property that we already own. -- an additional $9,000. SOME DEAL.

Kammey M.

Last edited by kammeym on Nov 18, 2007 12:08 PM

Jan 27, 2008

kammeym wrote:
debbieg97 wrote:

Expansion:

We weren't very happy about that either. We are owners and have been to the property for four years now. We have enjoyed it, and we rejected their flex plan. We wanted to just have the week that we purchased as well as the unit we purchased. We were put off by having them offer us this "new deal" for a property that we already own. -- an additional $9,000. SOME DEAL.

I am currently looking at purchasing timeshare at Mystic Dunes...any current information or hidden pop-ups I should be aware of ?

Carole W.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 27, 2008 06:29 PM

Apr 09, 2008

keithmac wrote:
With the change from the Wyndham Palms to the Mystic Dunes, what will that mean to current owners? Will the ammenities and services be affected? What about plans for expansion? What will that do to our maintenance fees?

The name change does not affect anything... You still own your weeks, these things happen with timeshares... the Wyndham name was bought out, it will not affect your ownership... this resort is still incredible

Ledy M.

Last edited by ledy1 on Apr 09, 2008 06:37 PM

Apr 09, 2008

THe resort is beautiful... relax and enjoy your week...

Ledy M.

Last edited by ledy1 on Apr 09, 2008 06:39 PM

Jan 03, 2009

I feel that the resort does a terrible job of communicating periodically with the owners. We get a mailing from the resort about once a year (2x at best)! For so many changes, it would be nice to receive an email monthly or quarterly to tell us updates such as all the changes (Flex Plan, etc.).

Now there's some points option on Tempusselect.com but I am having problems registering on the website so I have to call back on Monday.

A friend of mine is an owner at Westgate and she seems to be a lot happier with them!

Laura

Laura B.
Mar 04, 2009

We purchased this time share since August 2002, the only correspondences we ever recieve from MYSTIC DUNES ARE BILLS! > All we have been doing ever since we fully paid for our time-share is pay bills, bills,bills on the property but > have NEVER been able to use our facility as a result of the really bad clients management service. > > This is a shame! > > We live abroad and each time we try to make a > confirmation booking for our time share we never receive a response and this has made it impossible to return to Orlando for our vacation or enjoy the so called immense benefits offered by ownership. > > We have also tried, to no avail to register on the tempus select website, this has also been impossible.

Abiodun A.
Aug 26, 2009

abioduna wrote:
We purchased this time share since August 2002, the only correspondences we ever recieve from MYSTIC DUNES ARE BILLS! > All we have been doing ever since we fully paid for our time-share is pay bills, bills,bills on the property but > have NEVER been able to use our facility as a result of the really bad clients management service. > > This is a shame! > > We live abroad and each time we try to make a > confirmation booking for our time share we never receive a response and this has made it impossible to return to Orlando for our vacation or enjoy the so called immense benefits offered by ownership. > > We have also tried, to no avail to register on the tempus select website, this has also been impossible.

I have used this resort since 2003 and have never had any problems with booking my week or other communications with them. The place is really nice and conveniently located. I have used mytempusselect web-site with no problems either. In fact - I'm looking forward to being down there in 8 days!!

Janet N.
Oct 27, 2010

I have an ownership in Mystic Dunes that I can no longer make use of and therefore would like to sell. Can anyone advise me of how to do this or who I should speak to please ?

Thanks.

Chris B.
Mar 01, 2012

I have a timeshare that I don't use and will like to sell.

Yaneth N.
Jul 09, 2012

Hello, we have had the same problems. Now their website is down and they try to sell you those points system. Do you know if there is any "owners association"? Thanks

Eddy V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.