The Manhattan Club

the manhattan club

May 04, 2007

The MC is a timeshare , not hotel, you state you belive you will be staying at MC, if you had an exchange there for march 2008 you would know for shore as you would have conformation , MC has one of the best location in NYC and great accomodations

Howard B.
May 04, 2007

howardb21 wrote:
The MC is a timeshare , not hotel, you state you belive you will be staying at MC, if you had an exchange there for march 2008 you would know for shore as you would have conformation , MC has one of the best location in NYC and great accomodations

Thank you Howard, for your reply to my query, you are right, the person i am traveling with does have conformation, at the MC. And as i indicated in my first post i believe i will be heading to NYC at this stage not 100% shaw. I decided to a little more research into this timeshare property and i have found some more reports on the facility not all good but i guess some people might like to have a winge. I guess i will bite the bullet and stay here if i choose to travel from Australia. If any one could give me some more info on NYC eg: where to eat and what to do that would be appricated. farrellsj@yahoo.com.au Regards Stephen

Stephen F.
May 05, 2007

Hi Stephen like I stated MC is one of the best location in NYC ,just step out the door,look in front or your left or right and there is a resturant ,redeye grill in front,good food, your left on 7th ave you have world famous carnagie deli ,Bensons Deli ect. want good soul food take the # 2 subway to 116 street to Harlem USA on the corner is AmyRuths Great Soul food and Best value in NYC,the M7 Bus stop infront of AmyRuths Take that back down town to MC get off at 57th on 7th Ave MC club is on 56 street you get a nice tour on the bus back down the ride takes you down on the left side of central park tru Lincoln center around columbus circle the time warner building ect, and since you take the subway up the ride back on the bus is no charge, ask the MC conciere for the location of a few Australian resturant, you will be suprise at how many you will get enjoy, Howard

Howard B.
May 09, 2007

As owners, we just called the MC to book our 7 nights for 2007 and were told there are no rooms available for the remainder of the year. We told them we paid for a room and we are entitled to get 7 nights every year but we have no recourse. We think this is illegal. They said we could be put on a waitlist but even if we were to get one night, we would lose the remaining 6. They said If we can't get our nights, we will lose them. we have no recourse as far as getting our nights at any other time either. If anyone is think'g of purchasing, they should reconsider and investigate this and try to contact other owners. If anyone has any info relative to this matter, please answer.

Frank V.

Last edited by frank972 on May 09, 2007 08:14 PM

May 09, 2007

caroled20 wrote:
pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

I think the Manhattan Clubs units do not look as good now as they did when we bought in 2001. We were there almost a year and a half ago and will return in Dec. I wonder what we'll find. CK

I'm thinking about buying here, sight unseen. It sounds good, but is this someplace I'd be proud to bring a few girlfriends for a few days? Or is it beginning to look shabby? CD

Frank V.
May 09, 2007

frank972 wrote:
caroled20 wrote:
pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

I think the Manhattan Clubs units do not look as good now as they did when we bought in 2001. We were there almost a year and a half ago and will return in Dec. I wonder what we'll find. CK

I'm thinking about buying here, sight unseen. It sounds good, but is this someplace I'd be proud to bring a few girlfriends for a few days? Or is it beginning to look shabby? CD

Frank V.
May 09, 2007

frank972 wrote:
caroled20 wrote:
pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

before you buy be aware that there are no time share units available this year.they are booked and you will lose your week which they claim is legal and covered in there documents .

Frank V.
May 09, 2007

frank972 caroled20 pixie

jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

As owners, we just called the MC to book our 7 nights for 2007 and were told there are no rooms available for the remainder of the year. We told them we paid for a room and we are entitled to get 7 nights every year but we have no recourse. We think this is illegal. They said we could be put on a waitlist but even if we were to get one night, we would lose the remaining 6. They said If we can't get our nights, we will lose them. we have no recourse as far as getting our nights at any other time either. If anyone is think'g of purchasing, they should reconsider and investigate this and try to contact other owners. If anyone has any info relative to this matter, please answer.

Frank V.
May 09, 2007

howardb21 wrote:
caroled20 wrote:
pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

the Manhattan Club is 10 yrs old this year I have 5 weeks there and its still the best of any timeshare I have been in Locatioin wise and value for the money the rooms are all getting a make over with flat panel LCD tvs ect

Frank V.
May 10, 2007

I've rented at the MC multiple times but only recently,have heard mixed information about a $25 daily maid service fee. Some say the fee is only for RCI rentals. Most of the posted rentals on Tug and Redweek do not mention this fee. We are booked for a unit next month and would like a straight story. Thanks in advance for any responses, Gayle

Gayle F.
May 10, 2007

Yes the $25 Maid service fee is for RCI exchange, as the board notice more damage to contents in the room from RCI exchange's than Owners Owners rental are Guest of the Owners and do not pay Maid service fee as the owners already paid for it in there yearly maintance fees ,

Howard B.
May 10, 2007

frank972 wrote:

Frank972 you have ontill your anniversery to book, If you are at the end of your anniversery then you have to bank it with an exchange outfit, then book back into MC thru them there is aexchange fee but you will have two years to use depend on exchange company used, next call members of the board and make some NOISE they are your rep. elections orto be held this august, make your voice be heard Howard (owner MC)

Howard B.
May 10, 2007

howardb21 wrote:
frank972 wrote:

Frank972 you have ontill your anniversery to book, If you are at the end of your anniversery then you have to bank it with an exchange outfit, then book back into MC thru them there is aexchange fee but you will have two years to use depend on exchange company used, next call members of the board and make some NOISE they are your rep. elections orto be held this august, make your voice be heard Howard (owner MC)

thanks for the input...but this is totally unfair ..we own a weeek but they will not let us use it. in the history of time share this has never been done...i would never purchase a time share again. does any one know of any legal recourse.

Frank V.
May 19, 2007

Hi Frank972

I know how you feel as I lost 5 days last year. I was also told that I had no recourse since this over-booking is covered under their maintanence clause. Apparently, they have been renovating the rooms and take about 40 rooms out of service at a time. Since the work will go on for over a year, it means that each year 40 rooms, which represent 1080 weeks, are not available for our use. Therefore, over 1000 other owners will share our experience of not being able to use the time we have paid for. On my last visit I meet with Lee Morgan, Director of Special Projects. He informed me that the renovation was coming to an end and the problem will resolve itself. He said to call him, (800) 532-4566 X 8118, if I had any other problems with reservations. I have since left him seven messages, none of which have been returned. I hope you have better luck. Rich(owner of 2 weeks)

Richard F.
Jul 02, 2007

frank972 wrote:
Hi! I've been having trouble bboking my 7 nights for the past 2 years. They have opened up the timeshare to hotels.com and expedia. The general public can get rooms more than the 9 months in advance owners can. Therefore, the rooms are booked by the time we go to make our reservations! I get very angry every time I call there. Right now I have 2 nights that I am trying to use- we usually use our nights 1 or 2 at a time as we live close enough to come in and see shows several times a year and use our nights then. I've written to the gen manager and explained how unfair their booking policy is and how unhappy people are getting. When we bought we were told it was exclusive for owners- that's not the case now! Just look at how many units are up for sale! Good luck with using your nights! If you belong to RCI- you can bank them and trade for somewhere else.

Holly W.
Jul 03, 2007

My wife and I live in New Mexico. Both of our kids live in Manhattan. I've been watching for years for the opportunity to buy into the Manhattan Club at a reasonable price so we could have a place to stay when we visit them. Obviously, that would have been both a financial and psychological disaster from what I've seen here. Just another New York ripoff, apparently. Short of a class-action suit, there's probably no way to avoid the greed and false-dealing of the time-share management. I don't need the aggravation.

My utmost sympathy to all those who are undergoing this egregious treatment, and my sincere thanks to them for sharing their wretched experience. Thanks also to Red Week for making this forum available so that others, like myself, can be warned away. It's disgusting!

Gerry M.
Jul 04, 2007

The only way this action can be stopped is by class action suit but everyone involved should write to the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau to file their complaints. Maybe something can be done. Good luck to all. From a very unhappy, disappointed owner

Frank V.
Jul 04, 2007

what makes me so angry is when I call to book and they tell me nothing is available I check Expedia.com and guess what for $439. I can have a room that I own! believe it or not they still have rooms for Thanksgiving weekend on Expedia. I wish I could start a petition for all unhappy owners to present at the board meeting and demand they take our rooms off Expedia and the other discount hotel sites!

Holly W.
Jul 04, 2007

I'm an owner and live in Alaska. Tell me exactly where I should send the letter? Name address and whatever it takes. Thank you.

Colleen K.
Jul 05, 2007

pixie wrote:
I'm an owner and live in Alaska. Tell me exactly where I should send the letter? Name address and whatever it takes. Thank you.

New York State Office of the Attorney General Andrew M. Cuomo Bureau of Investor Protection and Securities 120 Broadway New York, New York 10271 (212) 416-8200 (phone) (212) 416-8816 (fax)

Frank V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.