The Manhattan Club

the manhattan club

Oct 24, 2006

what do you think??????

Jessica R.
Oct 24, 2006

jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

I think the Manhattan Clubs units do not look as good now as they did when we bought in 2001. We were there almost a year and a half ago and will return in Dec. I wonder what we'll find. CK

Colleen K.
Oct 24, 2006

We like to go to the Brooklyn diner just a block over. We eat there several times every time we're there.

Colleen K.
Nov 10, 2006

pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

I think the Manhattan Clubs units do not look as good now as they did when we bought in 2001. We were there almost a year and a half ago and will return in Dec. I wonder what we'll find. CK

I'm thinking about buying here, sight unseen. It sounds good, but is this someplace I'd be proud to bring a few girlfriends for a few days? Or is it beginning to look shabby? CD

Carole D.
Jan 01, 2007

I have stayed at The Manhattan Club at Thanksgiving time for the last four years, I was very dissappointed this year as the furniture was torn ans not in good condition. I am glad I am not an owner with the lack of upkeep that is going on.

M

Marilyn H.
Mar 01, 2007

We have been staying at the Manhattan club for about 8 weeks per year, 2 weeks at a time for the past 7 years. Our last stay from 1/22/07 to 2/5/07 (through points) was just terrible. We always stay in the same room. We know many of the staff due to our frequent visits. We decided to turn off the heat for the entire two weeks, in very cold winter weather. The room was like a sauna with it on. The system has only heat during the winter and the individual units are unable to control the temps, even though there is a thermostat on the wall. The beds are as hard as rocks. We had the house keeper put two blankets on the mattress before they put on the bottom sheet. They failed to give us a wake up call twice. Our fridge was broken and everything was full of frost. It took three complaints and one weeks to get a new fridge. The house keeper sent up a cheese platter and a bottle of wine...we had to throw out $100 worth of food. The service is nothing like it had been about 5 years ago. It is not a luxury timeshare. The only positive is THE LOCATION...which can not be beat. The MC really needs to take a good look at the level of functioning. I can't imagine how they expect to rent units at the same price as the hotels in the area. I hope the MC reads this!

Beth K.
Mar 01, 2007

Well, we stayed at the MC at Christmas time. We're owners eoy. We were satisfied with our unit nothing was broken and the furniture was in acceptable condition. The last couple times we were unhappy with the condition of the room. When we bought in 2001, the staff was friendlier and more helpful The above writer is correct when saying that it is no longer the "luxury" place. If this has been the case, I'm wondering what will happen in the next five years. We're beginning to regret our purchase. We're glad it isn't annual. The location is superb. I understand there is another timeshare facility being built in Manjhattan. One thing I want to say is that the guest services director told me how many of the guests simply trash the rooms, breaking furniture and ruining the carpet etc.

Colleen K.
Mar 02, 2007

I would hope that Board members are aware of the situation as they are all owners. I love the MC because of it's location, but paying what I do I probably look at other timeshares for my stay this year.

Marilyn Haines

Marilyn H.
Mar 02, 2007

I stayed at the Club in September '06, and yes I did notice some wear on Tvs, and some furniture. However in a recent member update, The Club stated that it was in the process of a renovation of the rooms, replacing older tvs with plasmas, furniture, etc. So I'll be looking forward to that. If anyone visits; You may want to request a renovated room. Then keep us all advised.

Dathan A.
Mar 16, 2007

caroled20 wrote:
pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

I'm thinking about buying here, sight unseen. It sounds good, but is this someplace I'd be proud to bring a few girlfriends for a few days? Or is it beginning to look shabby? CD

the Manhattan Club is 10 yrs old this year I have 5 weeks there and its still the best of any timeshare I have been in Locatioin wise and value for the money the rooms are all getting a make over with flat panel LCD tvs ect

Howard B.
Mar 24, 2007

marilyn54 wrote:
I would hope that Board members are aware of the situation as they are all owners. I love the MC because of it's location, but paying what I do I probably look at other timeshares for my stay this year.

Marilyn Haines

Are you an owner at the MC...I am and the service here needs alot of help. from the time you check in until you check out...its so bad. I have owned since 2001...I was sold a bad bill of goods.

Marco P.
Mar 24, 2007

howardb21 wrote:
caroled20 wrote:
pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

the Manhattan Club is 10 yrs old this year I have 5 weeks there and its still the best of any timeshare I have been in Locatioin wise and value for the money the rooms are all getting a make over with flat panel LCD tvs ect

I'm an owner here @ the MC...the location is great rooms are ok...the service here is the worst I have ever come across.

Marco P.
Apr 04, 2007

Hmmm! I have stayed at the Manhattan Club every year since it opened. The service has always been very good. I'll be there again inSeptemver 2007. Hope I am not disappointed.

Pauline P.
Apr 04, 2007

paulinep13 wrote:
Hmmm! I have stayed at the Manhattan Club every year since it opened. The service has always been very good. I'll be there again inSeptemver 2007. Hope I am not disappointed.

Paulinep13 you will get good service, I go there 3 /4 per year I dont get good service,I get great service, from the moment I drive up Adam or Oscar or any of the Guys on the front. greets me grap my bags ect., the young lady in the lounge or the guy greets me as I walk in ,(there name slip me at the monent) before the lounge is closed they inform me so if I meed anything I can get it, If I leave a note for the maids because I need anything extra its there when I get back workers at any resort or people treat them good and it is return in kind to you,and make your stay every plesant

Howard B.
Apr 06, 2007

I want to to to the Manhattan club soon Is anyone going soon?

Lynette L.
Apr 19, 2007

Forget exchanging with RCI. I have been waiting for the last 2 years. They told me on numerous occasions that it would not happen due to the amount of people waiting to exchange in to the MC. I cancelled RCI. I do not understand how they can advertise a resort like this knowing that your chances of actually getting in are next to nothing. BTW, my exchange unit was a 2bdrm unit in Sedona, Arizona.

Cynthia M.
Apr 27, 2007

jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????
You couldn't pay me enough money to spend a night at the manhattan club. The staff at the Manhattan Club offer you great Broadway tickets. However, this is not true if you do not buy a time share you get tickets that are very far from the stage. Also they promise you a great hotel this is also not true you end up in a hotel with no hot water or you may need double beds and will end up not getting them. Don't even think about calling them to complain about the room or ask to be moved to a different hotel this just won't happen either. The park Central hotel is right underneath the club and there rooms are also not what they say they are suppost to be. I would not buy or rent anything from the manhattan club ever. I hope everyone does the same.

Future C.
Apr 27, 2007

futurec wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????
You couldn't pay me enough money to spend a night at the manhattan club. The staff at the Manhattan Club offer you great Broadway tickets. However, this is not true if you do not buy a time share you get tickets that are very far from the stage. Also they promise you a great hotel this is also not true you end up in a hotel with no hot water or you may need double beds and will end up not getting them. Don't even think about calleither. The park Central hotel is right underneath the club and there rooms are also not what they say they are suppost to be. I would not buy or rent anything from the manhattan club ever. I hope everyone does the same.

Colleen K.
Apr 27, 2007

futurec wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????
You couldn't pay me enough money to spend a night at the manhattan club. The staff at the Manhattan Club offer you great Broadway tickets. However, this is not true if you do not buy a time share you get tickets that are very far from the stage. Also they promise you a great hotel this is also not true you end up in a hotel with no hot water or you may need double beds and will end up not getting them. Don't even think about calling them to complain about the room or ask to be moved to a different hotel this just won't happen either. The park Central hotel is right underneath the club and there rooms are also not what they say they are suppost to be. I would not buy or rent anything from the manhattan club ever. I hope everyone does the same.
You did not state whether you exchanged or rented. Did you expect really good theatre tickets just because you listened to the presentation. The way you came across in your message, I felt you sound like a person who expects a lot for nothing. I feel I'm entitled to complain about things because I'm an owner.

Colleen K.
May 04, 2007

G'day all just looking at coming over to the States in March 08 i beleive i will be staying at the MC this will be my first visit to your country and i would like it to be enjoyable after reading some of the comments here it sound like i am taking a gamble with my accomodation choices, or are you just having a winge. I would appricate it if anyone could give me more information about this hotel.

Stephen F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.