General Discussion

Getting rid of a time share.

Oct 09, 2010

I tried to sell my timeshare for five years. Then, I started researching title transfer companies. I got quotes from five different companies. The cheapest that I found was from www.timesharesbegone.info. Their price was less than half of anyone else's. I called them and they transferred it out of my name two days later. It couldn't have been any easier. I would recommend their company to anyone.

Jamie F.
Oct 09, 2010

meant it no longer was in our name

Ellen P.
Oct 09, 2010

jamief63 wrote:
I tried to sell my timeshare for five years. Then, I started researching title transfer companies. I got quotes from five different companies. The cheapest that I found was from www.timesharesbegone.info. Their price was less than half of anyone else's. I called them and they transferred it out of my name two days later. It couldn't have been any easier. I would recommend their company to anyone.

That seems awfully fast for a transfer because all the legal paperwork usually takes more than 2 days.

Did you receive all the legal paperwork showing that a new owner has legal ownership?

Lance C.
Oct 10, 2010

lancec13 - You're absolutely on the mark to be dubious. If you go to the site, you'll find that all it is is "referrals" to other timeshare sites, apartment rental sites, etc., etc. It's just a "shell" website, if you will, and actually does nothing with timeshares itself. Looks like just another scam for the unwary and the desperate.

Gerry M.
Oct 11, 2010

jamief63 wrote:

No timeshare can be transferred in just two days .... normally it takes months as the transfer has to be sent to the county in which the timeshare is located to be recorded and then to the resort itself ..... this takes time.

BTW, you'd better make sure the timeshare is out of our name when maintenance fees are due or you'll be responsible for paying them and every upcoming years' maintenance fees.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 11, 2010 08:21 AM

Oct 12, 2010

I am in a desperate situation to sell my timeshares, (with Absolute) My life circumstances have dramaticly changed, and I can no longer afford them, to keep them up. I have them advertised in the for sell section. I do will review any reasonable offers, thank you. PLEASE HELP....With kindwishes to every one, Jakob ...

Jakob R.

Last edited by marty8084 on Oct 14, 2010 01:40 PM

Oct 20, 2010

thats a great way to get rid .. wow ..

Ramesh B.
Oct 21, 2010

Barbara M.

Last edited by barbaram536 on Oct 30, 2010 06:14 PM

Oct 21, 2010

barbaram536 wrote:
I would like to hear from any other owners of Club Land 'Or in the Bahamas. I cannot get rid of this timeshare. The fees are through the roof and there have been special assesments every year for the last 3 years. I now got a new one they are imposing for an energy surcharge of $449.00 that they will charge every year. All of these extra expenses are due to other owners defaulting on there loans and we have to pay for them. I just lost my job and cannot afford to do this anymore. If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE let me know. There are no timeshare re-sale companies that will even touch Club Land Or.

From your posts I read on the other thread, you had an interested buyer but the resort would not permit him to buy it ?????? I don't see anyway out for you with the interference from the resort for a private transaction between two parties. You're stuck between a rock and and a hard place, however you might seek the counsel of an attorney.

Like I've said, I have never heard of this type of interference from a resort for a private transaction.

R P.
Oct 22, 2010

Well..it is a true fact. NOT just a great way..I am desperate.....NOT just "wow".....rameshb6

Jakob R.

Last edited by jakobr on Oct 22, 2010 09:51 AM

Oct 22, 2010

jakobr wrote:
I am in a desperate situation to sell my timeshares, (with Absolute) My life circumstances have dramaticly changed, and I can no longer afford them, to keep them up. I have them advertised in the for sell section. I do will review any reasonable offers, thank you. PLEASE HELP....With kindwishes to every one, Jakob ...

Unless you own a very desirable week at a very desirable resort ...... in this economy it's almost impossible to sale a timeshare ..... many can't even be given away.

R P.
Oct 23, 2010

"Like I've said, I have never heard of this type of interference from a resort for a private transaction. "

My thoughts: All the facts are not disclosed by barbaram536 but possibly the Bahamas like many countries has restrictions on foreign ownership of real estate. Certainly a U.S. citizen can own there but possibly this potential buyer could not purchase real estate in the Bahamas because of his citizenship in a country off limits to Bahamas ownership. It seems unfair but countries have the right to restrict who can buy real estate in their country.

Carvan A.
Oct 24, 2010

carvana wrote:
"Like I've said, I have never heard of this type of interference from a resort for a private transaction. "

My thoughts: All the facts are not disclosed by barbaram536 but possibly the Bahamas like many countries has restrictions on foreign ownership of real estate. Certainly a U.S. citizen can own there but possibly this potential buyer could not purchase real estate in the Bahamas because of his citizenship in a country off limits to Bahamas ownership. It seems unfair but countries have the right to restrict who can buy real estate in their country.

Oh, I agree ..... non Mexicans cannot own property in Mexico either as is the situation in the Bahamas evidently, however shirley779 is not a Bahama citizen and she owns a 'right to use' (not a deeded property) at Land Or' that she's trying to sell.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 24, 2010 09:11 AM

Oct 25, 2010

jayjay wrote:
jakobr wrote:

Unless you own a very desirable week at a very desirable resort ...... in this economy it's almost impossible to sale a timeshare ..... many can't even be given away.

Bob S.
Oct 28, 2010

jakobr wrote:

Which resort are you advertising on Redweek? I'm a bit confused about your statement. First you say you are desperate, then you say you have a reserve (absolute), then you say you will review reasonable offers. I'm thinking in this market the reasonable offers, if any, you will probably not consider reasonable. So you don't sound desperate, you sound likee a salesman.

Beck
Oct 28, 2010

I am not a salesman at all. I do consider any reasenable offer. The timeshares are with "Absolute" and are usable worldwide in any of their resorts, or affiliated resorts. I do need very urgently to sell them if I can. The main office where I brought the sares are in Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand, but like I mentioned before, they can be used world wide.

Jakob R.
Oct 28, 2010

jakobr wrote:
I am not a salesman at all. I do consider any reasenable offer. The timeshares are with "Absolute" and are usable worldwide in any of their resorts, or affiliated resorts. I do need very urgently to sell them if I can. The main office where I brought the sares are in Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand, but like I mentioned before, they can be used world wide.

Don't shoot the messenger, but in the current timeshare resale market conditions you may very well have to offer to GIVE AWAY your timeshare for FREE in order to be able to get rid of it. Even then, if there are ANY outstanding loans or mortgages (or any other overdue fees) attached to the ownership, you will then likely not even be able to give it away for free.

On the Timeshare User's Group web site, with a much broader readership, there is a "Bargain Deals" section where you can offer timeshares for low cost (...or for free). However, keep in mind that the "Absolute" name is one virtually unknown in U.S. timeshare circles, so you certainly have your work cut out for you (at least in the USA market). Good luck.

KC
Oct 28, 2010

ken1193 wrote:
On the Timeshare User's Group web site, with a much broader readership, there is a "Bargain Deals" section where you can offer timeshares for low cost (...or for free).

With all due respect to Ken and TUG, there ARE more POSTS on TUG from TUG members ..... but 59,599 people have read this thread alone on Redweek. TUG is for more seasoned timeshare owners where Redweek Forums are more for those learning about timeshares and all the scams involved .... the vast majority of TUG members already know such.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 29, 2010 08:44 AM

Oct 29, 2010

For those who may have missed it on todays news:

In its complaint, the FTC alleges that the upfront fee could range up to 10% of the timeshare's price, if the timeshare was an expensive unit. Consumers who paid the fee were told to expect a contract. Timeshare Mega Media did send a contract to consumers -- for marketing and advertising services, not a sales contract. The FTC said consumers who raised questions or wanted a refund were allegedly given a run-around.

The FTC's complaint was filed against Timeshare Mega Media, also doing business as Timeshare Market Pro Inc.; Timeshare Market Pro Inc.; Tapia Consulting Inc.; Joseph Crapella, also known as Joseph John Philbin; Pasquale Pappalardo; Lisa Tumminia Pappalardo; Pasqualino Agovino; Louis Tobias Duany; and Patricia A. Walker. The FTC is also seeking restitution for consumers in the case.

http://srph.it/cT6TEs

Mary D.
Oct 29, 2010

Absolute is based in Europ. There are no outsanding fees or any missed payments. If the yearly fee is not paid, then there is just no free week for that year.

Jakob R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.