ownership in the Westin Laqunamar resort

Apr 16, 2007

When will this resort open?

Jack F.
Apr 16, 2007

jackf48 wrote:
When will this resort open?

The information that I found on Starwood Vacation Ownership's website is:

The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort is currently under construction and is scheduled to welcome guests in 2008 with 73 inspired and distinctive villas.

Marty F
May 21, 2007

Summer 2008 is what we know now from Starwood

Craig U.
Sep 03, 2007

Does anyone know the prices at this resort. I really don't want to call them and get into the old pressure sales until I know what the prices are

Armen K.
Mar 18, 2008

I believe 38K for 2bedroom, 1,370 maintenance fee

Gui P.
Apr 10, 2008

akasabian wrote:
Does anyone know the prices at this resort. I really don't want to call them and get into the old pressure sales until I know what the prices are

Westing Lagunamar is a point system from 12K to about 40k US Dollars. The purchase is based on many options using point system: 1 bedroom or two bedrooms lock-off with yearly or every other year; and based on season or off-season. If you purchase an off-season, you can still book for season... you'll just need to have more points. I saw the building last month from the street view, and the building design looks great... similar to the Aruba Westin.

We're a traveler and this is our second timeshare. We purchased it because we love staying at Starwood properties.

N A.
Apr 17, 2008

I don't think the points transfer in resale on this resort.

Chris S.
Sep 18, 2008

I called them on their phone number that is on their website a few months ago (starwoodvacationownership.com) and there wasn't any type of high pressure or anything. I lost the paper that I wrote the prices down on (as there was a lot of different prices for the different rooms and what not) but I think the top end was around 45K or something of that nature. Hope this helps you in some way.

Kimberly V.
Oct 09, 2008

I have a resale listed on this site for Lagunamar and I think it's one of the first. Points do not transfer for this resort so you end up owning a floating week at the resort. Still far cheaper than buying from the developer but they snag you with that 1 piece.

Chris S.
May 15, 2011

Are you owners happy with the property there? I am new and thinking about buying a resale there. If anyone is selling, email me

Amit P.
Dec 06, 2012

points do not transfer..

does the comment points do not transfer mean not to II or starwood?

m

Chris C.
Jan 04, 2013

Not to starwood. Definitely can transfer weeks to ii

Michael & Julie

Last edited by michaeld439 on Jan 05, 2013 07:01 PM

Jan 05, 2013

I don't see any odd year resales at this resort, does anyone know why that is? If I bought an even year unit through resale, do you think I could swap for an odd year 2 br unit? EAP

E. Andrew P.
Jan 06, 2013

Seems complicated as I don't know how/where you would connect for a trade...I would suggest you look at those units listed on RedWeek for rental in odd years and see if any might be interested in selling.

Michael & Julie
Dec 08, 2013

lagunamar is open. maintainence prob lowest in starwood. 1,293 is quote this week for maint from starwood in my upgrade for 2 bedroom. I have owned at many resorts and starwood is awsome.

Chris C.
Dec 28, 2013

Agree, totally love it! Easy to trade through II and maintenance fees very reasonable. We own several weeks at Lagunamar.

Michael & Julie
Dec 28, 2013

the entire starwood program is awsome. Over 30 years timeshare ownership in multiple programs. If you buy starwood from other than starwood your week is assigned as listed. Can always trade into II for a good exchange. Chances are as you exchange you can get room choice/location etc you desire. the prices listed are very much as i have seen. anywhere from 9k to 50 depending on unit /size etc/ time of year. buying second hand will prohibit from starwood exchange internally. I'm quite sure they would be happy to work with you later if you did a upgrade. call membership services 8889869637. good luck.

Chris C.
Aug 24, 2014

@chrisc144 - I am thinking about buying Lagunamar at resale. How can I confirm that if I buy resale that I will not be able to use the floating week/point system they talk about during the presentation. I don't want to buy resale and think I'm getting something similar to the developer's presentation if it's not.

Lisa D.
Jan 15, 2015

No points when you buy resale but you can save MANY THOUSANDS of DOLLARS buying resale and use Interval International to trade with other Starwood or other resorts. Contact me as I own several villas here, all resale.

Michael & Julie
Jan 15, 2015

Resale Lagunamar is traditional timeshare. You can use it there in the season that you own or trade it week for week thru Interval International. It does not have anything to do with Starwood I.e. Cannot be used as club points (to stay by the day, week, etc, at any of the Westin/Sheraton Ownership Resorts) or hotel points (to vacation/stay at any of their hotels around the world); also does not come with gold membership or count toward any of their elite Owner benefit tiers.

Kimberly V.

Last edited by kimberly657 on Jan 15, 2015 07:18 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.