The Christie Lodge

Impossible to sell or even give away this Gem?

Nov 21, 2006

I've moved out of country and no longer find any value in owning (and paying $392 maintenance fees for) a floating week at the Christie Lodge. I've made numerous attempts to sell the week and even a few to give it away (would this site be any different?) with no luck. Apparently a few folks on Ebay feel the same way (last add I saw was a "Buy Now" for $4. I've even offered to Quit Claim it back to Christie Lodge but was given an emphatic "We're not accepting weeks back at this time". So let me understand this. Company A pressure-sells company B's product to me for $8000 (hindsight: if they have to use pressure, it's not worth it). Now B wants the world to "Experience the comfort of the newly remodeled product," but won't take the $8000 week back for FREE? Oh and by the way, where's company A? Ok, so I'm a little bitter. By the looks of it, at least 35 other owners on this site are as well. Just throwing this out there and searching for options.

Joe T.

Last edited by joet72 on Nov 21, 2006 11:00 AM

Mar 06, 2007

Most of the ads on ebay include substantial closing fees in the range of $300-500+. I don't know if this is the case with the $4 Buy It Now ad you are referring to. Try listing it with little to no closing fee. Christie Lodge will handle the paperwork for a fairly low fee, or for even less money, you can file a quit claim deed with the county an change of ownership with Christie Lodge.

Dave H.
Mar 07, 2007

If you have a ski week, you should be able to give it away with no problem since the Christie Lodge will do the closing for only $35. If you made the mistake of buying a non-ski week at a ski lodge, then you are most likely stuck with it.

Greg S.
Mar 08, 2007

Same problem here. What will they do if I just quit paying the maintenance fee? I don't even live in the state of Colorado. Will they hire an out of state lawyer to go after me? Their fees would be more than the value of my week.

Years ago there was a class action lawsuit brought by some law firm against the original company A in Florida. The lawyers that bought the suit got a "settlement" where they received a pot load of money and the actual time share owners got a few dollars. So we got screwed by Company A that sold us this dog and then again by sleazy lawyers that supposedly "represented" us!

Susan R.
Mar 16, 2007

susanr212 wrote:
Same problem here. What will they do if I just quit paying the maintenance fee? I don't even live in the state of Colorado. Will they hire an out of state lawyer to go after me? Their fees would be more than the value of my week.

Years ago there was a class action lawsuit brought by some law firm against the original company A in Florida. The lawyers that bought the suit got a "settlement" where they received a pot load of money and the actual time share owners got a few dollars. So we got screwed by Company A that sold us this dog and then again by sleazy lawyers that supposedly "represented" us!

What is wrong with Christie Lodge, or is it just that you own it at non-ski time, or are there too many timeshares people are trying to get rid of. I might be interested in it for free.....

Libby G.
Mar 16, 2007

joet72 wrote:
I've moved out of country and no longer find any value in owning (and paying $392 maintenance fees for) a floating week at the Christie Lodge. I've made numerous attempts to sell the week and even a few to give it away (would this site be any different?) with no luck. Apparently a few folks on Ebay feel the same way (last add I saw was a "Buy Now" for $4. I've even offered to Quit Claim it back to Christie Lodge but was given an emphatic "We're not accepting weeks back at this time". So let me understand this. Company A pressure-sells company B's product to me for $8000 (hindsight: if they have to use pressure, it's not worth it). Now B wants the world to "Experience the comfort of the newly remodeled product," but won't take the $8000 week back for FREE? Oh and by the way, where's company A? Ok, so I'm a little bitter. By the looks of it, at least 35 other owners on this site are as well. Just throwing this out there and searching for options.

Do you still have it? What's wrong with Christie Lodge, or is it you just own a down time, or too many timeshares up for grabs nowdays? I might be interested in it for free....

Libby G.
Mar 16, 2007

Nothing is wrong with CL. We love it! In fact I just bought two more weeks. People that can't get rid of their weeks either have non-ski weeks or want too much for them.

Greg S.
Mar 20, 2007

joet72 wrote:
You must not have bought prime weeks-as they are like gold dust here!! There are many, many owners who have never ever regreted buying, and for more than double you paid-maybe it is your attitude, people do not like!!

Kathleen G.
Mar 20, 2007

romantic wrote:
Nothing is wrong with CL. We love it! In fact I just bought two more weeks. People that can't get rid of their weeks either have non-ski weeks or want too much for them.
Here Here, we also have two prime ski weeks and they cost alot, but worth every dollar-or in our case pounds.Wonderful place, wonderful staff

Kathleen G.
Mar 20, 2007

joet72 wrote:
We pay over $600 dollars a week maintenance, as we have prime weeks--so your week must be a summer week.We enjoy all our years there , and all the owners I have spoken to are really pleased they bought here, at a fraction of the cost of Beaver Creek.

Kathleen G.
Mar 20, 2007

joet72 wrote:
You seem a sad person, who bought a bum week, instead of a ski week, where you would pay alot more than $300 dollars maintenance. Everyone I know loves owning at the Christie.

Kathleen G.
Mar 20, 2007

susanr212 wrote:

I would be careful what you put in print, as an owner for more than 10 years, and a happy one at that, the Christie Lodge, and many owner lawyers are watching what is put in print, which has an untruthful ring to it!!!

Kathleen G.
Jul 17, 2007

If you own a winter ski week and have a good week booked, you can actually get something out of it on eBay. With new Avon-to-Mountain gondola coming, and all the new construction, new attention may be brought to Christie Lodge.

3BR recently sold for about $3600. I bought mine for about $3000 five years ago.

Try RedWeek's new exchange program. You can accumulate your points and trade for something nice!

Terry H.
Sep 27, 2007

kathleeng62 wrote:
susanr212 wrote:

I would be careful what you put in print, as an owner for more than 10 years, and a happy one at that, the Christie Lodge, and many owner lawyers are watching what is put in print, which has an untruthful ring to it!!!
We also bought a floating week at Christie Lodge, when we lived in Breckenridge, CO. We have since moved to San Carlos, Mexico and do not need this timeshare, but how to sell one floating week??????????????????????Any of those bright, rich lawyers have any ideas?

Evelyn M.
Sep 28, 2007

joet72 wrote:
You must have a really bum week, as We have owned for more than 15 years, and when we rent, we have people queing up for thwe two weeks we own 51 and 52. The sales are also like gold dust for these weeks. Vail/Beaver Creek ski ing is the best in the world, and the facilities that the Christie lodge have beat many of the areas very expensive resorts. The staff are top rate, and the only reason we have rented this year is because we have bought a condo in the area, as we love Avon/Beaver Creak/Vail so much. It is really lovely in summer too, as the hiking and fishing are second to none. Maybe it is your attitude that people are put off by. Chill out, and enjoy what you have.

Kathleen G.
Sep 28, 2007

The Christie Lodge is a really great place, and the best , ski place to stay in the area. The skiing in the Vail Valley is also the best in the world, and we should know, coming from UK. We bought 15 years ago and have thanked our lucky stars that we did. We bought a condo in the area this year, and decided to rent out our two weeks 51 and 52, and we had people queing up, we could also have sold them, as people were asking if they were for sale. The Christie Lodge, has swimming pool, 3 spas, gym, free local bus to Beaver Creek stops outside door. Wonderful friendly staff, Very clean rooms, with dishwasher, micro wave fridge/freezer, electric griddle pan etc.and two really good laundry rooms. The Ski shop in the Christie Lodge to hire etc is second to none with very competent staff, who really know their stuff. All in all everyone we meet at the welcome party, which is held every week, and the owners meeting, also held every week is really happy the chose the Christie lodge. So all you negative people out there--think if we two British people would spend 18 hours travel to get there at a great deal of money in air fares, you USA people should be ashamed of yourselves. Ask the Christie lodge to take your time shares from you, I am sure they will agree, as there are more deserving people , who would give there right arm to stay there.

Kathleen G.
Sep 29, 2007

kathleeng62 writes -Maybe it is your attitude that people are put off by. Chill out, and enjoy what you have...you USA people should be ashamed of yourselves...Ask the Christie lodge to take your time shares from you, I am sure they will agree, as there are more deserving people , who would give there right arm to stay there.

Response -- FYI the timeshare I refer to is not a prime week. Apparently that is the problem, but please no more lectures.

I did ask the Christie Lodge once if the timeshare could just be given back to them and they said no, they said to try to sell it on an internet site.

signed - A USA person who is not ashamed of anything

Susan R.
Apr 17, 2008

What would happen if it was given away to an elderly relative who then dies as the sole owner? Would that get you out of the contract? Would Aunt Mabel take the weeks with her to her grave?

John C.
Apr 18, 2008

I deposited my 3BR CL week 9 with II and they actually gave me a bonus week for it. I just put in an ongoing search for a couple of tough to get places. We'll see how that goes.

Last year II gave me a bonus week as well and I used the deposited week to trade into a 2BR Marriott in Panama City FL for this coming June. I would say that it was a more than fair trade. The bonus week from last year expires in September, so I'll probably find something to use it on during flexchange this summer. :)

Terry H.
Aug 23, 2008

joet72 wrote:

In my case, Company A was a Corporation "born" in Illinois, and "died" before the weak States Attorney filed charges for the second time for unethical and illegal business practices. Smell like a high level organized crime deal to me. Anyway good luck. I just wish I was not one of the suckers born every minute.

James K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.