General Discussion

renting of my marriott barony beach club week hilton head

Nov 28, 2006

Any ideas on how to move a week I have invested to post on this site but get no real hits. What is the trick? need to sell a week and rent out one of my weeks any input would be greatly appreciated debbie

Jeff A.
Jan 11, 2007

jeffa35 wrote:
Any ideas on how to move a week I have invested to post on this site but get no real hits. What is the trick? need to sell a week and rent out one of my weeks any input would be greatly appreciated debbie
Good Afternoon

Might I ask what week are you selling and perhaps you can advise on location ( floor) as well as whether your unit is bronze, silver or gold and whether garden or ocean front/view

Look forward to your response

Phillip

Phillip D.
Jan 23, 2007

for selling a timeshare- make sure you are the lowest listed price for that type of week...the lower you are the more compelling.

for renting- similar things....also, plan ahead and reserve the most popular week early so when you do need to rent, you have the highest demand.

Chris S.
Jan 23, 2007

Keep lowering your sale and rental price until you get some interest. The market (buyer/renter) sets the price when it's right.

R P.
Jan 23, 2007

Renting a condo unit is like any other transaction, you need a market price relative to the competition. If you get no hits on your ad, you may be overpriced. Decide at what price it is not worth renting, and that you would use the week yourself. Then check the price of comparable units and give yourself some negotiating room. If you price the condo fairly, you should have success. Remember though, there a lot of "bottom feeders" at these sites looking for "steals". I know because I look for "steals" all the time.

stanleyf5
Jan 26, 2007

Hello,

I am looking to take my family on a vacation to Barony Beach in August. Is there any chance this unit is available between 8/10/2007 and 8/17/2007?

I know that this is unsolicited, but our other plans have fallen through and I'm looking to finalize quickly.

-Scott

Scott C.
Jan 26, 2007

scott, have you checked the rental listings here at Redweek for Barony Beach for that timeframe?

scottc132 wrote:
Hello,

I am looking to take my family on a vacation to Barony Beach in August. Is there any chance this unit is available between 8/10/2007 and 8/17/2007?

I know that this is unsolicited, but our other plans have fallen through and I'm looking to finalize quickly.

-Scott

R P.
Jan 26, 2007

Thanks Jayjay.

Had been checking frequently and found no one in the August block renting at all. I thought I'd take a chance when I saw this thread, hoping that the owner might have had enough points to merit a reserved slot.

Wish me luck!

-Scott

jayjay scott, have you checked the rental listings here at Redweek for Barony Beach for that timeframe?

Scott C.
Jan 26, 2007

Hi Scott,

You might try posting a RedWish here on RedWeek for the resort and timeframe you are looking for.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jan 27, 2007

scott, after chacking all the sales for Barony Beach, I've noticed that many owners own floating weeks. You might get in touch with those owners to see if they would be willing to rent the August week that you desire. With floating weeks, owners can reserve any week in their designation.

Just a thought.

scottc132 Thanks Jayjay.

Had been checking frequently and found no one in the August block renting at all. I thought I'd take a chance when I saw this thread, hoping that the owner might have had enough points to merit a reserved slot.

Wish me luck!

-Scott

jayjay wrote:
scott, have you checked the rental listings here at Redweek for Barony Beach for that timeframe?

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.