Timeshare Exchanges

Booking Exchanges

Dec 17, 2006

How far in advance are exchanges available? I see some are available over 1 year in advance but would like to know if more properties may become available closer to the exchange date.

William M.
Dec 17, 2006

You can exchange a year in advance, and more properties do become available in periods less than a year. What you have to watch out for is not waiting too long to try and get a decent (popular) place during prime a season. If you are able to travel off-peak season your chances of getting a place will be greatly improved. I am going to a 2-br unit at Ron Jon's in Cape Canaveral, FL the end of Jan 07. I traded a 1-br unit. The reservation for Ron Jon's was made last spring. My daughter wanted a 2-br for next July 4th week at one of two popular resorts. She asked me to check about three weeks ago. That was too late - nothing available. So, the longer in advance you try to make a reservation, the better your chances. One of the RCI gals told me that some of the very popular resorts are booked two years in advance.

Gordon R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.