General Discussion

renting weeks

Dec 28, 2006

How do you rent weeks? Do you have to reserve that week because I have seen on redweek that they have it for Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007 how is that? I really need help in renting my week, I have a Bora Bora one week every year , Please help!!!!

Lupe L.
Dec 29, 2006

The Dec 2006-Dec 2007 week could be a floating week. The owner can choose what week he wants to reserve. Or perhaps he has full ownership and not a timeshare.

If you own a fixed week you can rent that week only.

R P.
Dec 31, 2006

If I put from Dec.2006 - Dec. 2007 and someone wants to rent a week, do I have to have that week reserved? I mean what if I can't reserve that week that they want? I do not own a fixed week. I upgraded and now I have a week every year. Please help me because I am so confused!!!! I purchased it at Las vegas at Tahiti Village is that a full ownership?

Lupe L.
Jan 01, 2007

If you own a fixed week you have to rent that week. If you own a floating week you can request whatever week you want from your resort within your floating period. Some floating weeks are all year, some are off season weeks and some are summer weeks. Check your contract to see what time period your floating week is in. Some resorts will let you change a week that you have already reserved .... just depends on the resort.

Full ownership is when someone owns the unit all year. Some resorts have full ownership units along with timeshare units.

lupel3 wrote:
If I put from Dec.2006 - Dec. 2007 and someone wants to rent a week, do I have to have that week reserved? I mean what if I can't reserve that week that they want? I do not own a fixed week. I upgraded and now I have a week every year. Please help me because I am so confused!!!! I purchased it at Las vegas at Tahiti Village is that a full ownership?

R P.
Jan 01, 2007

If you are floating you can use it any time in that period. E.g red covers all year. If you have a fixed week you can only rent it at that time. However if you wish to exchange you can go any week subject to availabilty.

Edna B.
Jan 02, 2007

jayjay wrote:
If you own a fixed week you have to rent that week. If you own a floating week you can request whatever week you want from your resort within your floating period. Some floating weeks are all year, some are off season weeks and some are summer weeks. Check your contract to see what time period your floating week is in. Some resorts will let you change a week that you have already reserved .... just depends on the resort.

Full ownership is when someone owns the unit all year. Some resorts have full ownership units along with timeshare units.

lupel3 wrote:
I have a deed to it, so is that owner\ship? I want to thank you so very much for all of your help. I am so confused on all of this. I have to check my contract to see what I have.

Lupe L.
Jan 02, 2007

Yes, it looks as though you own a deeded floating week.

lupel3 wrote:
I have a deed to it, so is that owner\ship? I want to thank you so very much for all of your help. I am so confused on all of this. I have to check my contract to see what I have.

R P.
Jan 03, 2007

lupel3 wrote:
How do you rent weeks? Do you have to reserve that week because I have seen on redweek that they have it for Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007 how is that? I really need help in renting my week, I have a Bora Bora one week every year , Please help!!!!
Have you tried listing your Bora Bora Week on Redwishes or in the timeshares for rent under South Pacific French Polynesia. I am sure that you would be very successfull in those areas. Just list it as,request the week that you would like ,and if someone replys, then see if you are able to secure that particular week, If you are able to, then you should have no problem renting the week.

Brian H.

Last edited by whaack on Jan 03, 2007 04:18 PM

Jan 04, 2007

whaack wrote:
lupel3 wrote:
Have you tried listing your Bora Bora Week on Redwishes or in the timeshares for rent under South Pacific French Polynesia. I am sure that you would be very successfull in those areas. Just list it as,request the week that you would like ,and if someone replys, then see if you are able to secure that particular week, If you are able to, then you should have no problem renting the week.
Thank you so much for your help!!!

Lupe L.
Jan 04, 2007

lupel3 wrote:
whaack wrote:
lupel3 wrote:
Thank you so much for your help!!!
Hello I have posted a Redwish looking to rent a unit in Bora Bora, If you look through the Redwishes you can send me a message with the info on your resort. Thanks Brian.

Brian H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.