Dec 30, 2006

In my constant search to sell my timeshare, I came upon a company called Timeshare Relief, Inc. (timesharerelief.com). Has anyone heard of this company? They practically guarantee buying back your timeshare.

Michael K.
Mar 24, 2007

michaelk91,

There have been a LOT of warnings about the scam timeshare Relief is running! Basically you have to pay them for them to "take your timeshare off your hands" and it's usually in the $3000 range. If you want to get rid of it you can go to www.donateforacause.org to donate your timeshare for no fee and maybe get a tax deduction. I believe there might be some restrictions on what timeshares you can donate though.

See also MANY posts about NOT dealing with them in various other threads. (possibly "getting rid of a timshare" or the "selling my timeshare" thread)

Nori N.
Mar 24, 2007

michaelk91 wrote:
In my constant search to sell my timeshare, I came upon a company called Timeshare Relief, Inc. (timesharerelief.com). Has anyone heard of this company? They practically guarantee buying back your timeshare.

If you spend any time on here or Tug you will find first rule about trying to sell your timeshare! First rule is never pay company upfront fee's.

This is how most make their money,not selling but taking your money and you never hear back from them.

In the case of these others they charge you $3000-$3500 to take your timeshare then sell on e-bay for as little as a dollar. They don't worry about making more money in most cases because they have your money.

Phil L.
Jun 22, 2007

michaelk91 wrote:
(josephg104)

What is the financial advantage? What is the procedure to take the timeshare off my hands?

Joseph G.
Jun 22, 2007

josephg104 wrote:
michaelk91 wrote:
(josephg104)

What is the financial advantage? What is the procedure to take the timeshare off my hands?

Joseph G.
Jun 22, 2007

The financial advantage to you (after you pay them $3000+ to take your timeshare off your hands) is that you will no longer be responsible for paying yearly maintenance fees or any other fees associated with the resort.

The financial advantage to them is they get your timeshare and $3000+ and their affililated resale companies then turn around and sell it on Ebay for $1 making a huge profit.

The procedure for taking your timeshare off your hands would be to transfer the deed to the resale company's name that is affiliated with Timeshare Relief. Timeshare Relief doesn't actually resale the timeshare on Ebay ... they have affilated companies that do that.

josephg104 wrote:

R P.
Jun 22, 2007

If you want to get rid of a timeshare, offer it here on Redweek for $100. I had several offers for my very off-season blue week, then a friend really wanted it, so we gave it to him and he loves trading with it. He is 27 and is the envy of his friends.

Sun or Snow T.
Jun 23, 2007

Michaelk91 stated: >>In my constant search to sell my timeshare, I came upon a company called Timeshare Relief, Inc. (timesharerelief.com). Has anyone heard of this company? They practically guarantee buying back your timeshare. <<

RUN (don't just walk) away from these thieves -- NOW! You'd have to PAY them (probably around $3k) just to TAKE your timeshare, whereupon they will likely just sell it on ebay for $1 (which you can do anytime on your own without paying these thieves to do it for you). They are NOT going to "buy" ANYTHING from you. The only money changing hands here would be FROM you TO them......

KC
Jun 27, 2007

Legally these guys (timeshare relief, timeshare no more, et al) are carefully walking the line. The dishonesty of telling folks their timeshare is a liability and that their kids will inherit the liability does not cross the legality line. The sad thing is that some of these timeshares are selling on Ebay for several thousand dollars each- not just $ 1. I guess the lesson is, if you were stupid enough to buy a timeshare from a developer, you will be stupid enough to be fleeced again.

Henny P.
Jun 28, 2007

hennyp states, in pertinent quoted part: >> I guess the lesson is, if you were stupid enough to buy a timeshare from a developer, you will be stupid enough to be fleeced again.<< ======================================

Perhaps a bit harsh and a little judgemental, no? I'm reasonably sure that there are many folks desperate to rid themselves of the financial burden of ongoing (and increasing) timeshare costs who never actually bought from a developer in the first place. Such people are vulnerable --- perhaps even desperate --- to get out from under something they no longer want, due to any number of changing circumstances in their lives (death, divorce, old age, financial reversals, etc.). This state of mind doesn't mean that these folks are necessarily "stupid" , just anxious and a bit vulnerable.

That all said, I DO agree that the parasitic upfront fee bandits and "postcard" companies are nothing but "legalized thieves" who are preying upon the fear, guilt and vulnerability of susceptible people (who may or may not actually be, as you chose to say "stupid"). Just my own personal view and opinion.............

KC
Jun 28, 2007

hennyp wrote:
I guess the lesson is, if you were stupid enough to buy a timeshare from a developer, you will be stupid enough to be fleeced again.

We were STUPID enough (as you call it) to buy our first timeshare from a developer (we knew nothing of resales at the time), but we were NOT STUPID enough to be fleeced by an upfront fee resale company or a company such as Timeshare Relief when we were ready to sell all of our timeshare weeks. We SOLD THEM ALL on timeshare internet classified sites such as Redweek.

There are millions of timeshare owners that bought their first timeshare from a developer not knowing about resales. This is not an uncommon occurrence.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 28, 2007 08:17 AM

Jul 01, 2007

jayjay wrote:
hennyp wrote:
I guess the lesson is, if you were stupid enough to buy a timeshare from a developer, you will be stupid enough to be fleeced again.

We were STUPID enough (as you call it) to buy our first timeshare from a developer (we knew nothing of resales at the time), but we were NOT STUPID enough to be fleeced by an upfront fee resale company or a company such as Timeshare Relief when we were ready to sell all of our timeshare weeks. We SOLD THEM ALL on timeshare internet classified sites such as Redweek.

There are millions of timeshare owners that bought their first timeshare from a developer not knowing about resales. This is not an uncommon occurrence.

What other sites are available other than Redweek?

Sammy S.
Jul 02, 2007

s1969sam wrote:
What other sites are available other than Redweek?

My favorites are www.myresortnetwork.com www.bidshares.com and Ebay (timeshares under real estate) and, of course, Redweek. These are the only sites I used when successfully selling my timeshares, but it has to be priced right in order to get the attention of prospective buyers.

R P.
Jul 04, 2007

There is a good list of other sites for selling timeshare without the ripoff upfront fees on the Links Directory at www.timeshareforums.com

Ov R.
Jul 04, 2007

michaelk91 wrote:

I do not know about this particular company, but I can tell you about Century 21. They never sold miy place in Orlando, FLorida even though they said it is all red time and will sell easily. These companies take their fee and move on to the next desperate person. Here's my advice; if they are asking for money up front, then walk away quick, it is definitely a fraud. You will only be out of your money and still stuck with the timeshare.

Deloris E.
Oct 09, 2007

I really did try donation for a cause but they don't want my timeshare. I did try to sell it but ...no hope. I just want to give it away for free. Anyone who say that they love timeshare can contact me to get my timeshare free. It is Celebrity resort at Reno.

Robert K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Oct 09, 2007 08:45 PM

Oct 09, 2007

robertk293 wrote:
I really did try donation for a cause but they don't want my timeshare. I did try to sell it but ...no hope. I just want to give it away for free. Anyone who say that they love timeshare can contact me to get my timeshare free. It is Celebrity resort at Reno. Contact eathere@hotmail.com please.
============= Did you try to offer it back to the resort?

Mike N.
Oct 09, 2007

robertk293 wrote:
I really did try donation for a cause but they don't want my timeshare. I did try to sell it but ...no hope. I just want to give it away for free. Anyone who say that they love timeshare can contact me to get my timeshare free. It is Celebrity resort at Reno. Contact eathere@hotmail.com please.
==================================

Celebrity has made (and thoroughly earned) a bad name and reputation for itself, particularly lately. I think that you probably have little or no chance of even GIVING this timeshare away, personally.

Have you contacted the resort / company itself directly to see if they will accept the timeshare if you deeded it back to them? This is only a possibility at some facilities, certainly not most, but it's still worth at least asking the question. Your maintenance fees will have to be up to date and there must be no exisiting mortgages, liens or encumbrances and you will have to cover deed preparation and recording costs. Even then, Celebrity may very well say no, but why not at least ask them?

KC
Oct 16, 2007

Has anyone had success/failures with TimesharesOnly? The have promessing TV commercials and also an internet site that looks "very official"...suggestions?

Joanna C.
Oct 16, 2007

Go to their website and see what they have the owners list as pricing for a week. All are in La La land*. So they don't sell very well (compare pricing to redweek, myresortnetwork or ebay.)

Oh yes, they DO charge an upfront fee and are not realtors.... ( Realtors can't charge an upfront fee in Florida)

BUT....they don't tell you to pay them $3500 to take (???!!!) your timeshare from you

* Think for a minute where they will advertise. Mainly on the internet. Don't you think most people using the internet know how to search for what they are looking for and will by-pass the Timeshare Only site for the better pricing every where else???

Do you EVER see a T/S developer try to sell their developer priced weeks anywhere on the internet? They ain't fools.... They actually get some of us uninformed fools to pay those prices. Geee....I just saw some one bedroom one bath full year condos in West Palm BEach, Del Ray Beach, and Deerfield Beach ( OK OK 55 + communities) for $38,000 to $78,000 (2 bed 1.5 or 2 full bath. And some of us spent 1/2 thay for one week a YEAR???

You want to sell??? Pay T/S only their fee....but you must price it right....

Satndard 2 bed 2 bath standard red...try $2500 or less......might as well list it here first & save some $$

Kenneth K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.