Closed
Timeshare Companies

Anyone Familiar with Timeshares United?

Jan 16, 2009

Well in fact jayjay. this person has 4 weeks a year to rent and was wanting to do them all, each and every year. We also gave him the option to start with the one-time rental program to test us out. With the performance guarantee on all 4 weeks or his money back. We are not a broker and in the state of florida, one must be, to receive any monies from the owner on a sale/rental. Know your laws. That is why its a buy owner program.

I agree with you that there are parasites out there, but know the facts about each case before you group us all. Hell, if i started Cassmates and then Redweek in 2002, then why isn't your business plan not to charge a fee at all for membership or your listing services. Or don't charge a listing to current members? A fee is a fee, no matter how you look at it. i never had any issue with your business plan and I think it is brilliant. Masking you are a listing company and member service.

If you look at it, we all are in this industry and many are there are scammers and losers.

This is why I am launching a Bureau that is free for owners can go to to complain and it will send the info to the proper authorities and agency. its called the Better Timeshare Bureau. This is and always will be a free service to those who need help from the scams that take place in our industry...Why..because no one is really helping them in a central location.

I have been around the block....and I am disgusted with the majority in the timeshare industry from the front end to the back end.

I commend what redweek is dioing and attempting to do....but you are not the only ones wanting a better, safer industry

Patrick D.
Jan 17, 2009

patrickd85 wrote:
I agree with you that there are parasites out there, but know the facts about each case before you group us all. Hell, if i started Cassmates and then Redweek in 2002, then why isn't your business plan not to charge a fee at all for membership or your listing services.

Classmates.com nor Redweek are charities .... they are internet businesses in a 'capitalist' society, however they DO NOT CHARGE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS for anything as upfront fee scam companies do. They charge a nominal membership and ad fee (an ad in your local classified section of a newspaper is not free). Redweek promises nothing to it's members accept exposure to their listed ads as they are the NUMBER ONE timeshare ad site on the internet. Now, do you get the difference?

Quote:
If you look at it, we all are in this industry and many are there are scammers and losers.

Sigh ..... if you charge an upfront fee in the hundred/thousands of dollars then you are a SCAM, PERIOD. Would you pay a real estate agent a commission before they sold your house ..... OF COURSE NOT, DUH.

If you would like for your timeshare business to get a better reputation, then I advise you to take any fees after a rental or sale that you've actually had to WORK to get.

BTW, I'm in no way employed or connected to Redweek except being a member of their forums to try to educate members on all the timeshare scams out there ..... upfront fee companies being my main pet peeve.

R P.
Jan 17, 2009

patrickd85 wrote:
Well in fact jayjay. this person has 4 weeks a year to rent and was wanting to do them all, each and every year.

There's no way you, or any other upfront fee company, can guarantee a rental or sale, BUT you have their $2000 upfront fee in hand so why even try.

R P.
Jan 18, 2009

Comparing real estate brokers to timeshare resale companies is like comparing apples to oranges. Also know your laws. As i stated earlier, one must be a broker to recieve a commission on a sale/rental. Second, redweek charges a fee to be a member, then a listing fee, and makes one become a member before they can put an offer through. So what your telling me is that you really have no real knowledge on this other than being ripped off in the past and then slander each company with total disregard. This makes sense now. I blog that has been sitting idle for years, now is has some action mainly from you and i. Funny, look at other blogs in these forums and you will see that tsu sure isn't the one ripping people off. You are the defensive and inaccurate in what you are stating. I agree with most of what is said in these forums and have a better understanding of the industry since i have been in timeshares for 10 years from the front end to the back end and also an owner too. I wish you and your crusade the best and when you need help make sure you contact the better timeshare bureau. i will be more than happy to talk to you and help each and every one who has been scammed or whatever the case may be. God Bless!!

Patrick D.
Jan 18, 2009

You are right that newspapers is not free, so why do you exept TSU to be free. The newspaper doesn't to be a member and place an ad. anyone can place an ad that not only is printed and delivered to customers but also put it online too.

so do you say the same for real eatate by owner websites too? where clients pay a listing fee and then nothing else to sell a house, except closing costs,etc. I don't know who did you wrong in the past, but i sure hope you got the help you needed to resolve the problem. And i sgree on educating people on timeshare scams out there and i do the same. Maybe you and i should talk then. Reason is that the better timeshare bureu, which i am launching shortly is to help in that exact way and to actually do something about it, not just talk. So if you want to be more proactive then let me know. I listen to eachperson and have already help people get their money back and/or go to the proper authorities. You seem to want to get into a match of wits or a screaming competition, which i will not I am willing to to truly help in one central loaction ofr owners out there that is free and as owners coming together we can rid the industry of scammers and those who take advantage. Again, i do not own TSU, i advise them in what i think they need to do. As i stated earlier, i am also an owner and get calls all the time, as you do as well. I listen to waht they say and then i report them to the agencies i feel is best suited. Do you do that? the real problem is that there is no where that reports on these companies, Resorts,ts resellers, vaction pkg's companies,etc. Now there finally will be. you sigh, then what other steps are you taking? i am not fighting against you, but with you. But it seems you can not or will not see that. If you will not see that, then i pray for you. If you can not see that, then maybe one day you will. When that day ever comes, then i will be more than happy to talk and help you in anyway. I have looked at other forums with other companies about you and i find mixed feelings. Some agree with you and others don't, which is coming from timeshare owners not business owners. Funny, you can't please everyone even though you think you are doing the right thing. Funny, i feel that same way. So i commend what you are doing in these forums for the most part and wish you again the best of luck. But if you want to do more then let me know. God Bless!!! this will be my last post to you...may your travels reward you in life

Patrick D.
Jan 19, 2009

patrickd85 wrote:
So what your telling me is that you really have no real knowledge on this other than being ripped off in the past and then slander each company with total disregard. This makes sense now.

Heck no, I never even considered using an upfront fee company for the timeshares I had for sale. I once owned 9 timeshare weeks and I sold them all on internet listing sites such as Redweek for very little money invested. I wouldn't dream of handing over several hundreds or thousands of dollars to a complete stranger for nothing in return. I wasn't going to be one of their stooges and I, for one, am desperatly trying to get the word out on forums such as this one.

Bottom line, if you charge an UPFRONT FEE THEN YOU'RE A SCAM, PERIOD.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 19, 2009 01:56 PM

Jan 19, 2009

I am finished with you ..... see my post above.

R P.
Jan 19, 2009

BTW, when I accessed Timeshares United, I see that the domain is for sale. What's the matter, is the word getting out about upfront fee company scams?.

If so, I've done my job and that job is to educate the public about upfront fee parasites and other scams concerning timeshares. Thank God for the internet, because before it's arrival people weren't aware of upfront fee company scams and your job was much easier then ..... you prey on desperate people needing to sell. Perhaps it's time you looked for another line of work.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 19, 2009 08:51 AM

Jan 19, 2009

After accessing your website again, Timeshares United, I see that it's a referral service and that your links are to upfront fee company sites.

Just as 'Timeshares Only' states that it doesn't charge a commission .... that's true because they don't have a realtor's license so they can't charge a commission before they sell, HOWEVER they charge upfront fees what they call advertising fees, listing fees, administrative fees (and a host of other fees) in the hundreds to thousands of dollars.

Everytime I see a 'Timeshares Only' ad on tv, I want to literally throw up. This older couple states that they can get out from under their mortgage payments if they go with 'Timeshares Only'. Nobody will take a timeshare without the mortgage being paid off, not even 'Timeshares Only' so this in itself is a big fat lie among other lies they tell prospective clients.

If you want to start a legitimate timeshare resale referral site, how about listing those companies that do not charge an upfront fee but charge their fees after they sell.

R P.
Jan 19, 2009

THAT IS NOT OUR DOMAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i stated earlier, a squatter is on the website domain, timesharesunited.com. Since the company who acquired my company in 2007 is called TSU TRAVEL, the web address is the same as the company name, and uses the dba timeshares united . look and research before you speak. Again if you look down the page it says.."TIMESHARESUNITED:HOME". TSU TRAVEL is in legal with the squatters of the question domain that is not of TSU TRAVEL. SO IF YOU ACTUALLY LOOKED AT THE FORMER POSTS,YOU, MY FRIEND,WOULD HAVE SEEN THIS.

yes, i agree about timeshares only. and in my opinion, their tv ads are a joke and not factual.

if you actually look at the TSU website site, there is nothing to hide there. TSU TRAVEL doesn't claim to be a no fee company.

So again, THAT IS NOT OUR WEBSITE DOMAIN. BUT TSU TRAVEL IS.

You want to show that you are this helping hand without the facts in this case. Why is that?

Patrick D.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 19, 2009 02:10 PM

Jan 19, 2009

patrickd85 wrote:
THAT IS NOT OUR DOMAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i stated earlier, a squatter is on the website domain, timesharesunited.com. Since the company who acquired my company in 2007 is called TSU TRAVEL, the web address is the same as the company name, and uses the dba timeshares united . IDIOT, look and research before you speak. Again if you look down the page it says.."TIMESHARESUNITED:HOME". TSU TRAVEL is in legal with the squatters of the question domain that is not of TSU TRAVEL. SO IF YOU ACTUALLY LOOKED AT THE FORMER POSTS,YOU, MY FRIEND,WOULD HAVE SEEN THIS.

yes, i agree about timeshares only. and in my opinion, their tv ads are a joke and not factual.

if you actually look at the TSU website site, there is nothing to hide there. TSU TRAVEL doesn't claim to be a no fee company.

So again, THAT IS NOT OUR WEBSITE DOMAIN. BUT TSU TRAVEL IS.

You want to show that you are this helping hand without the facts in this case. Why is that?

If you don't own Timeshares United then you don't have a dog in this fight. Why are you even posting in this thread? The topic of this thread is "Is Anyone Familiar with Timeshares United" which looks to be a referral website, not an actual business that handles timeshares themselves?

We don't know you or your domain from Adam's housecat and even if you're not affiliated with Timeshares United, if you charge an UPFRONT FEE FOR ANY SERVICE YOU PROVIDE, then it's a scam no matter what you call your service.

R P.
Jan 19, 2009

This thread is getting a little out of hand and I feel all parties have stated their case. I'm closing the thread.

Thank you, Marty

Marty F

This thread is closed. Try searching for a topic or browse our list of forums to join the discussion.